SOLVED Advanced SystemCare Free 3.5.1.707 (2 day pro giveaway)

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Upon further review... this software is nothing but crapware!!

Don't use it.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
The free version of this product would have caused a reinstall of my OS at the time (XP Pro SP3), had I not created a restore point prior to installing the product. There is a one click maintenance program on this, that's what troubled my system. Some have found this program useful, but my opinion of this is: Use it at your own risk! If anyone does decide to install this program, remember to create a system restore point first. Another thing to consider, the company behind the program, Iobit. They were alleged to have stolen their "iobit security 360" program's database from Malwarebytes. Whether this is true or not, the story was published about it.IObitSecurity360.png

Attachments

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Told you, there's the self-proclaimed proof of it. Doesn't get any better than straight from the horse's own mouth. If they would steal Malwarebytes data, they'd do the same to you.

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Told you, there's the self-proclaimed proof of it. Doesn't get any better than straight from the horse's own mouth. If they would steal Malwarebytes data, they'd do the same to you.
Wow!!!

Paybacks' a beeyatcha hey catilly? :lol:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I don't like & will never use Iobit's products, free or paid. The story about that thumbnail can be found at Addictive Tips/Internet Articles. In the search box, type "iobit 360", w/o the quotes, there will be an article "Iobit rips off other's hard work...", about 3 or 4 links down.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Darn... didn't mean to open a can of worms! Just thought I'd offer something for other members to consider, that's all.

Cat - You sounded like me when I talk about DELL or Apple products! :argh::motz:

I hope I'm not rubbing off on you! LOL :smokin:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
All I see there is a "png" file; portable network graphics. No other info??
Do a Bing search, enter "iobit rips off others hard work", w/o the quotes, you can read the full story.

Last edited:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Catilley - you are correct! My bad!

To all readers of the original posting:
Please disregard the software and
do not use or download!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys...
Hum... Not sure I would have tried, even before the warning.

Niburu, wouldn't it be marter to edit the main post?

Cheers,
Fire Cat

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
What drew my attention to the whole thing, I described in an earlier post. Advanced System Care Free is crap, not worth the web page it's written on. Just another con job to screw up the victim's computer. There are hundreds, if not thousands of such products for download. I know of a couple of others, but won't advertise them on here, plus I don't have written proof that it's bad software. Use only trusted brands of software, this should help you to stay clear of problems.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
This is an interesting thread (For me). I have been using ASC since its conception, on 64 and 32Bit. Never had a problem. After an initial install, I use it to its fullest extent, and from then on it is customised to my own requirements. - I manually edit the registry after uninstalling third party programs.
After use of ASC, I find that Ccleaner and Clean disk have nothing to do!
Here is a (prejudiced - by the authors!) page to read.
http://forums.iobit.com/showthread.php?t=6826

P.S. Later.
I cannot find a reference to the picture with the rude caption, other than something in Utube which is unrelated to iobits. The link given by Cat only shows the same picture again.??
I suppose everyone is aware that the program shown, although IobIts, is a different one to ASC?

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't like & will never use Iobit's products, free or paid. The story about that thumbnail can be found at Addictive Tips/Internet Articles. In the search box, type "iobit 360", w/o the quotes, there will be an article "Iobit rips off other's hard work...", about 3 or 4 links down.
Thanks cat, I was just getting ready to install this program, but I hesitated and decided to look through the forum for user reviews first. I respect your opinion and have also read about the definitions database theft from Malwarebytes, so on that note, I'm out. You just saved me from having to clean this crapware off of my desktop.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Glad my post helped someone. I stay clear of anything with Iobit's name on it. If they would steal from a competitor, just think of what they could do to it's end users. Your computer would be full of spyware.

Reaction score
Glad my post helped someone. I stay clear of anything with Iobit's name on it. If they would steal from a competitor, just think of what they could do to it's end users. Your computer would be full of spyware.
Yes it did indeed help me! Thank you again, Cat. That's exactly what would've happened. More spyware to clean. It's sad to see that since I invested in my new desktop, I've gotten cautious to the point of not wanting to download any new program, regardless of rave reviews or positive benchmark test results (which we all know can be made to order for enough $$).

The irony is that although I have plenty of room on my new HDD to try all sorts of new programs, I find myself no longer having any desire to do so, as it seems that the internet is overflowing with malware written by sociopaths intent on causing harm to others. Maybe they should stop teaching kids how to work with computers so early on in grade school? By the time they graduate, they understand just enough to cause problems.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
You're right about the internet overflowing with malware, it's everywhere. I scan every download or attachments with MSE & Malwarebytes before opening them, sometimes bad code is found. Unfortunately, most of these bad code writers are very intelligent people, wasting their talents by infecting our computers. Mabye they do it for kicks, or they are as you said, sociopaths.

It takes a lot of effort to keep your computer clean these days, thanks to these people. You need quality AV & malware protection, I get that with MSE & Malwarebytes. And to think some users doesn't even have AV protection, and goes into the deepest corners of the net. That's like picking up a street girl, and wearing no protection, you're going to get burned badly.

I'm very picky what I download, and where I go with my desktop (my main system). When I want to tryout a new product, I always use my old notebook for that. Unless it's a well established company behind the product. Like today, I downloaded and installed the new beta version of MSE on my main system. I don't worry about that. But unknowns, no, I try not to mess with them at all.

Speaking of which, I was on the "Giveaway of the Day" mailing list, but all they offer is crap. Many of the products are not even full versions at all, there's always some catch, and who knows how much malware is shipped with the downloads. The internet used to be a place where you could go most anywhere, not any more.
Those days are gone forever.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
"Speaking of which, I was on the "Giveaway of the Day" mailing list, but all they offer is crap"

I have been on the mailing list for a long time. There was a period when there offers were good, solid stuff. They have been on a slippery slope for a while and I can fully agree with your comment. I, also, removed myself from the mailing option.

Reaction score
It takes a lot of effort to keep your computer clean these days, thanks to these people. You need quality AV & malware protection, I get that with MSE & Malwarebytes. And to think some users doesn't even have AV protection, and goes into the deepest corners of the net. That's like picking up a street girl, and wearing no protection, you're going to get burned badly.
I too use MSE as well as Malwarebytes on my desktop. I like both and the only issues I have encountered with MSE are a slight system slowdown and an issue with a false positive "autorun.inf" alert when I use my SanDisk flash drive, as it flagged the basic flash driver as a potential worm, which I thought was weird. After a complete system scan and some basic research online, I concluded that this seems to be a somewhat common issue for many MSE users on 64-bit systems.

My only critical comment about Malwarebytes is that they do not offer a 64-bit version, so I know that it isn't scanning certain sectors of my OS, because it wasn't designed to be able to detect them.

Regardless, some protection is certainly better than none at all. I even use Windows Defender, although since MSE seems to be the focal point of Microsoft's Spynet group, Defender seems to be getting gradually pushed off to the proverbial back burner. Pity, because I like it and wish they would devote more time toward improving it.

Last edited:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I used to have Windows Defender on XP Pro in the mid part of 2009, it did show potential, but slowed my system to a crawl, if I selected to auto scan while I was using the notebook. Honestly, I don't feel that Defender (& IE8) was made for XP. Vista was already in place for two years, and Windows 7 was in the works. Something new was needed for 7, as well as the suffering (and robbed) Vista users.

If you don't have MSE installed, Defender is supposed to work, when I was running Avast, it was available for use, and being updated. But I no longer receive updates for it, as long as I have MSE, I don't need them, as Defender is turned off when MSE is installed. As I recall, Defender is malware protection, when I was running it (in XP), it was said not to rely on it as an AV. I never used it at all in 7, though it may have ran in the background before I had MSE, and I was unaware of it's presence.

Thanks for pointing out to me that Malwarebytes scanner isn't a 64 bit version, I now have to question it's effectiveness on my desktop. Many of the programs that I have on here is 32 bit, although the OS is 64 bit. Is it really protecting me to have it on here at all? Your point raises questions for me, if Malwarebytes is not a 64 bit malware program, although my program files may be scanned, my OS is not.

We do get another tool from Microsoft each month, the Malicious Software Removal Tool, and it is a 64 bit version. There is also a 32 bit version, for the ones who needs it. You can access it to do a full scan by typing "mrt" in the Start Menu, w/o the quotes. You'll see the program, it's the only program to show, when you type it in. You can choose from a short, long or custom scan. On a large drive, as many of us have these days, with a couple of OS's, and lots of programs, it will take a few hours to do a full scan. Be sure to have any of your extra drives plugged in, even your backup drive.

Your point about Malwarebytes has me concerned, hopefully I'll find a like product somewhere. Is that the way that Super AntiSpyware is, too? The regulars here knows that I'm a security freak, almost to the point of paranoia, and I'm just now discovering that my second string malware scanner is 32 bit only.

Only because I don't want to wear my new hard drive out early in life, I went from three sweeps (DOD method) to a single sweep with CCleaner.

I guess the MRT tool may have to do, but it's only updated once monthly, I update Malwarebytes before every scan. But I'll find something to take it's place.

Thanks for the heads up, etalmar.

Cat

Ask a Question