Administrator Account

Reaction score
When Windows 7 was installed on my Laptop just two days ago, I did not realize that since I am the only user of the laptop, I must Log-in as the Administrator and not just as a User. Now Windows 7 is not allowing me to make any changes unless I have the permission of the Administrator. How do I change my status fro just user to Administrator cum User?

P. Jayant

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Since you are the sole user of the computer, you are automatically the administrator too. You cannot change that at all.

Go to the Control Panel and then User Accounts, if you don't want to use a password, then change the password by entering nothing (no letters or numbers) in the "New Password" fields. Click Save and it should be good.

It programs keep asking for "Permission" then turn of the UAC and you'll be good there. Go to the Start Orb, in the Search Line type: UAC. It will pop-up, then move the slider all the way down to the "Off" and you're good to go. You will have to restart the system after changing the UAC setting.

Reaction score
thanks

I had the same problem and I believe Nibiru2012 [hunkarock] has given me a usable answer. Thanks.

Ask a Question