Adding photo's into existing themes

Reaction score
Is it possible to drag and drop extra photo's into the existing Windows theme packages so that there are more photo's for it to rotate through?

Alternativley what do you need to do to create a new theme? I would not bother with sounds, just pics for it to rotate through.

Something simple as everything is running nice and smoothly now and I'd like to keep it that way.

Reaction score
Have you considered choosing a theme and then modifying the theme?

After which you can chose to save the theme to a new name.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you want to include the existing W7 photos they can be found under C:\Windows\Globalization\MCT and can be included in your custom selection. You may also notice that there are 5 different locations under there and you may find some other beautiful scenes you like in the other 4 not "down under".

Reaction score
Yeah, I knew about them but was looking for a way to either create my own unique one (with car pics) or add to one of the ones called 'dogs in summer' and drag/drop in my pics of my rotties without actually creating a entire new theme.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Yeah generally you set your screen to a theme you like and then Save As a new name, from there you customize the photos, sounds, etc.

Reaction score
Mychael,

If you have your own pics that you want to use INSTEAD of the theme pics, just customize your Desktop Background, and point the "picture location" to your picture folder...

Ace

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Are you not able to go into the personalization area, select the theme that you want to add to, go down to the background area link, and add more, then save it as a new theme? If all you want to do is add photos, that's all you'd need to do I believe. You can select new photos by using the checkboxes beside each image. And selecting directories for the images.

Ask a Question