SOLVED 8GB RAM problem

Reaction score
I have latest bios 1207, and did set BIOS to its defaults,doing this didn't help,
I don't know how to enable/disable Video Shadow and BIOS Shadow?

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Thanks Nibiru, that screenshot idea was extremely helpful. :)

Jerzy, that problem is a very unusual one but unfortunately it seems to be common as I can find quite a few thread's on Microsoft's forums about it. It is unusual given you are using a modern P55 motherboard without an IGP...

In your BIOS, under ADVANCED -> North Bridge config, make sure "Memory Remap Feature" is Enabled.

If that does not fix it for you then your best bet is to try and get help from Microsoft directly. I read through the manual on your motherboard do not see any other BIOS settings regarding VGA memory shadowing or other applicable settings. This unfortunately may be an ASUS BIOS problem....

Reaction score
Kougar, thanks a lot for your help, at last I solved a problem which as it turned out to be in my mobo, I just had to use a little bit more strength while seating RAM modules, I went to Asus forum, where others encountered similar problems. Thank you all for your assistance.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
a problem which as it turned out to be in my mobo, I just had to use a little bit more strength while seating RAM modules
It seems as if it wasn't the mobo's problem as much as an issue with the bipedal homonid installer! :pcguru: :hmmmm2:

I am laughing WITH you, not at you! That's great, reminds me of the first time I built my own system and didn't seat the RAM correctly either! I spent several days, like you, trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

Ever since then I always make sure those RAM slot clips snap-click into place and engaged tightly into the keeper notches in the RAM modules.

This is something you'll chuckle at for many years to come and look back on with amusement.

Ask a Question