64 bit driver for canon 2900B printer

dsa

Reaction score
dear all,
now I have bought hp dv6-1355 dx with 64 bit w7 home premium. It does not work with previously bought printer canon LPT 2900B. May I get advice for that and thank you all in advance.
dsa

dsa

Reaction score
reply to Ian

dear,
thank for your regard.
the link given has been tried the day before yesterday myself. After downloading the file, it was installed in my 64 bit laptop. But incompatibility box appeared...
more advice dear.
by the way, in a site one has posted that no hope for this type of printer to be compatible with 64 bit up to now. Is it true dear? How do you think?
best wishes,
dsa

Reaction score
Today we bought Dell 560S Desktop with windows 7 64 bit. but Canon 2900b Laser printer cant work. please give advice for that.

Thanking you
Pramod

PM Computers, Kolhapur

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
From what I can tell at Canon's website, there are no 64 bit drivers for your printer.

Reaction score
I know of a lot of people who have bought Cannon printer's and are running into the same problems. Even my neighbor across the road had same issue. The first step is, like Ian posted, is got to the manufactures web site and get a 64 bit driver for the device in question and problem is solved. There is an underlying problem; not all device manufacturers are writing 64 bit drivers as well as some software makers. It's not financially feasible for them. I would recommend doing some research with different brands as to who has 64 bit compatible printers before purchasing. Even when you to a store that sells them, the salesman don't know, they most often tell you what you want to here just to make a sale. I'm partial to HP printers and most if not all work on 64 bit systems. Hope this helps.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
And too, if you cant find an answer for your driver problem through the OEM of your printer, Microsoft Answers (a forum) has many posted solutions for these hard to find drivers. That's how I got my ancient Dell 720 Photo Printer to work with Windows 7 64 bit. There turned out to be a driver that worked, but was not posted on Dell's site as such. It was a Dell driver, though, and I don't understand why they didn't post the driver on the product support page. It's a shame to have to hunt down drivers for printers at this day and time. I will try to look and find it for you, if I can, I'll post any solution for you that I find. And Welcome to the forums, dsa and pmcomputerskolhapur!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I've looked up the Canon LPT 2900B, there's a lot of Russian sites on the page, and I can't find the product on Canon's website. I'll still try searching, but one option you can try is Driver Max. I'm not 100% sure if the scan will recognize your printer, but it may be worth a shot. I've looked again, this is a fairly old printer, older than mine. Everything I find is either Russian or French, and goes way back to Win 98 drivers. You may even want to try Compatibility Mode for your printer, but that's a long shot.

Last edited:

Ask a Question