3DMark 11 to be released on November 30th

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Futuremark has just announced that its highly-anticipated DirectX 11-capable benchmarking software, 3DMark 11, will be available on November 30th in three versions - free, Advanced and Professional, the latter two being up for pre-order at $19.95 and $995, respectively.

The incoming test tool features three pre-defined presets (Entry, Performance and Extreme) and requires a system running Windows Vista or 7 that has at least a 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel or AMD processor, 1GB of RAM, 1.5GB of free storage space and a DirectX 11 graphics card.

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]-eY_En9VcwM[/MEDIA]"]YouTube - 3DMark 11 Pre-Order Preview 1080p[/ame]

Ref: http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/...1-be-released-november-30th-pre-orders-are-go

So mark your calenders folks! Me, I'll be happy (very happy) with just the free version..

Reactions: Ian

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow... those graphics look AWESOME! :D

I'd love to have a decent DX11 card so that I could test it out fully. I don't think my 8800 would cut it, althought I'm sure it would still look ok.

Perhaps I could just run this trailer in fullscreen and fool myself ;)... much cheaper than an upgrade!

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Wow... those graphics look AWESOME! :D
[/I]
Agreed 100%.

The future for gaming looks amazing and I'm sure as Dev's get to grips with Dx11 more and more things will only improve, well, graphically at least anyway...
:D

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It won't be long tell we're able to watch things that look truly real at this rate - games will be simply incredible to play if they are believable. I can't wait :D

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Futuremark today sent out word that its new PC benchmarking software, 3DMark 11 will not make the November 30th release date announced earlier this month due to the need to fix some 'difficult' bugs. There's no updated launch date yet, but hopefully the delay won't be longer than a few days/a week.
3DMark 11 is claimed to make full use of DirectX 11 features like tessellation and compute shaders, takes advantage of multi-threading, and will be available in three edition - Basic (free of charge), Advanced ($19.95) and Professional ($995).

Ref: http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/software/32045/3dmark-11-delayed-some-last-minute-bug-fixing

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Coincidentally or not, the new launch date for Futuremark's newest PC benchmark software, 3DMark 11, is December 7th, the same day Nvidia is expected to officially introduce its second GeForce 500 series card, the GeForce GTX 570.
3DMark 11 comes with full DirectX 11 graphics chops, and requires a system with at least a 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel or AMD processor, 1GB of RAM, 1.5GB of free storage space and a DX11 graphics card.

Ref: http://www.tcmagazine.com/tcm/news/software/32149/3dmark-11-finished-debut-december-7

Last edited:

Ask a Question