127 GB limit, but..

Reaction score
Hello Guys! I'm Rosario. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit Service Pack 1.
I have an issue with my HDD Maxtor, 200 GB. The PC displays only 127 GB. I tried to put the HDD in another case. Then, if I connect this "new" case in the PC, I have all 200 GB. ( 127 GB in one partition and 62 not allocated ). ok, I can create the new partition and allocate the 62 GB. But I need those 62 GB in the first case...
If I put the HDD in the first case, the PC displays only 127 GB again... How can I fix this?
Thank you!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Type DISKMGMT.MSC into the W7 Search box & hit enter.

You should see the drive listed there. Select the 127GB volume and right-click. Choose extend volume. As long as the extra 62GB is in the correct location you should be able to add it. If the 62GB is actually before the 127GB then it will take different software unless you are willing to lose everything in the 127GB.

So try it and let us know if it works, if not then let us know if there is data in the 127GB you need to keep. (As I said there is software to move it but it takes much longer because it has to move all your data, so if you can simply drop and create a new single partition then that is the way to go because it's quick and needs no extra software.)

Reaction score
Hi, thanks for the reply!
Anyway, I can't select the option "extend volume" . I tried to merge the partitions when I put the HDD in the other case, so, when I put the HDD in the first case, I see 189 GB free but, the GB after the 127 are useless. I can't use them..

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I find the easiest thing is just to drop all the partitions and then allocate new but first you would want to copy any data to another drive because this one will be wiped when you allocate & format.

Could you attach a screenshot of your diskmgmt screen?

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
There are two different disk partitioning software packages listed in our Freeware DB : EaseUS Partition Master Home and Partition Wizard Home. They may be able to repartition your HD without loosing the data but the fact is they all recommend backing up your data first "in case" something goes wrong.

Ask a Question