10.8 ATI/AMD Video Drivers released

Reaction score
the last update i did on my ATI drivers borked everything. i had to rollback. im STILL using 9.12 hotfix.

Reaction score
Can you be 100% it was the drivers? Not your anti-virus app updates? McAffee had issues. Ruled out anything else?

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I swear these driver updates are getting out of hand I think!

Sometimes I think it's a contest between ATI and Realtek to see how many driver updates they can do in a year's time.

Reaction score
ATI and NVIDIA have each been releasing a driver per month. This has been their standard for many years now.

It's necessary for them to do so they can tweak their drivers to the latest and greatest games. It really should be the other way around, but credit the graphic companies for doing what they can for their customers.

Reaction score
Can you be 100% it was the drivers? Not your anti-virus app updates? McAffee had issues. Ruled out anything else?
it was definitely the drivers. forums were rife with problems with the new drivers and different cards, specifically the "exploded pointer" problem (i also had that joy), which as far as i know was only solved with the 9.12 hotfix. the 10.1 drivers had exploded pointer again, so ive stuck to the 9.12 till now. with the new drivers, they simply turned my card into a paperweight, so i rolled back. and here ill stay.

Reaction score
The 5770's have always had problems from what I've read on forums. Slow for 1080p gaming with most games too. That 128-bit memory bus . . .

Ask a Question