“?” Win7-64 & Win10 Dual Boot System

Reaction score
Greetings,
I did my best to research this topic, so if it has asked/answered previously, I apologize. I had been running Win7-64 for years, without incident. In 2016, the Windows Updates began failing. I let an IT pro (?) friend of mine talk me into upgrading to Win10. Bad idea !! Can Win7-64 & Win10-64 co-exist in a dual-boot config ? I have used 3rd party S/W (Kronos) before. I have multiple HD’s in my desktop, so each OS could be installed on separate HD. Have product ID for both OS. Need Win7 for legacy S/W, but with MS support ending...need Win10 for long range PC usage. Any/all ideas & input welcome. Sorry for the length of my post.
Thanks-

Reaction score
I would suggest Oracle VM VirtualBox to run both systems If you don't want the second system just delete the virtual folders with this arrangement both systems can run on the machine together

Reaction score
Greetings,
I did my best to research this topic, so if it has asked/answered previously, I apologize. I had been running Win7-64 for years, without incident. In 2016, the Windows Updates began failing. I let an IT pro (?) friend of mine talk me into upgrading to Win10. Bad idea !! Can Win7-64 & Win10-64 co-exist in a dual-boot config ? I have used 3rd party S/W (Kronos) before. I have multiple HD’s in my desktop, so each OS could be installed on separate HD. Have product ID for both OS. Need Win7 for legacy S/W, but with MS support ending...need Win10 for long range PC usage. Any/all ideas & input welcome. Sorry for the length of my post.
Thanks-
I would suggest Oracle VM VirtualBox to run both systems If you don't want the second system just delete the virtual folders with this arrangement both systems can run on the machine together
Thanks for response, John. I don’t have any experience running Oracle on a home machine, but will investigate your suggestion.

Reaction score
Piece of cake to use oracle very easy to set up I put win10 on machine first tweaked it then virtual win7
But you need at least 8gig ram for it all to operate smoothly and a win7 iso file or full install disk
and its free software
+`

Ask a Question