You don't get THIS problem every day!

Reaction score
I live in Turkey and have just installed the only version of Windows 7 I can get locally. In Turkish of course.....

Now I know I can change the language but that in itself is a problem. I recently had a lightning strike on a telephone cable near my home which seems to have destroyed the LAN. I have Ubuntu working fine using the USB output of the modem instead of LAN but I can't get the Windows to connect via USB on the same computer. As I don't understand much of the Turkish, it would be ideal to change the language first. I downloaded the windows english lang.file but when I try to install it, the install browser can't see it although it is quite plainly there in "downloads". Maybe the best way to install English is to use update but as I can't connect to the modem via USB, it's a catch 22 situation.

1. How do I get windows to see the USB port on the modem? [my old XP saw it and connected straight away]

2. How can I install English from the official downloaded file which W7 can't see?

Ask a Question