WMP start bar problems

Reaction score
I have got the WMP icon on the taskbar and have since installing Windows 7 RC. When I hover my mouse over the icon it used to bring up the album art and controls (forward, back, pause, stop and the volume controls) but now when I hover over it I only get the skip and pause buttons and no stop or volume controls. The only way to get them is to click open the actual player app.

Pic of how it is now-

The arrow shows were the volume controls used to be.

Its nothing major but does annoy me as I don't think i've changed any setting or anything.

Thanks
Tom

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Does it give you the volume controls if you leave WMP runnining (playing something) in the background while you check the icon?

Reaction score
Sorry mate, not sure what you mean? in that picture above media player is minimised but playing a song.

Reaction score
Sorry Tom163 I wish I could confirm the controls being where you say - Ive looked in properties and didnt see anywhere you could have disabled these functions - I agree it would be nice if there was a volume control in the viewer window - Unfortunately you brought it to my attention that you could Play FastForward and Rewind from the Viewer - Thanks Tom

Reaction score
Sorry Tom163 I wish I could confirm the controls being where you say - Ive looked in properties and didnt see anywhere you could have disabled these functions - I agree it would be nice if there was a volume control in the viewer window - Unfortunately you brought it to my attention that you could Play FastForward and Rewind from the Viewer - Thanks Tom

Thanks mate, I also looked into the setting etc but could also not find anything....maybe I dreamed it :lol:.

Cheers
Tom

Ask a Question