windows start up

Reaction score
real quick. first windows would startup with black screen, so i had to ctr alt del and start task mngr and run system recovery. now windows starts without the black screen but it does not recognize the password to log in.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
More info please? :)

What kind of system recovery? Full from recovery partition? Some repairs with recovery or install disks?

Laptop or desktop? OEM or home build?

Reaction score
im not to savvy. but its an hp dv7. windows 7 64bit. as far as the system restore goes, nothing to technical. it just clicked "new task" then entered strui.exe or something of the sort and click a point one month prior. laptop. its from best buy but this is it http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-dv7-4069wm/14575755

now.. what happened is (its my roomates laptop) he puts in the password and his fingerprint, and it does not work, but if he restarts it then the second time around it doesnt even go into the logon screen, it just skips it and explorer starts and he is able to use it. so everytime he wants to use his laptop he has to start it up twice.
this just happened this morning since i did the restore last night.

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Nice laptop!

It sounds like you did a normal system restore. Have you tried to undo it?
Did you have a particular problem that caused you to need to restore it?

Reaction score
thx. and yeah the original prob he had was, when he would log on the screen would just be completely black. i think it may an explorer prob but idk. so the whole screen was black, the only way i could use programs was to ctrl alt del and manually run programs.

and like i said the black screen isnt a prob now that i did the restore, but now it has log on issues

Ask a Question