Windows 7 Ultimate 10,000th refusal to boot up

Reaction score
OK
Good morning.
Last night was possibly my hundredth night over the past 18th months to try and boot up windows 7 ultimate WHEN IT FAILS TO BOOT.
I just get a blank screen; after the bios boot up screen.
I had this (similar) problem in the past repeatedly, and was a forgotten name user on this site.
Back then, the 3D Tosh laptop was repaired repeatedly by Tosh; even after the warranty ran out.
What I really hate is that when you buy Windows 7 laptop, there is no repair disc.
Its like buying a car with no speedometer; with the vehicle company telling you to make your own.

So I tried to burn a disc of a boot disc on my XP desktop.

Complete refusal by the XP PC to burn an ISO file for Win 7. Perhaps fifty attempts last night.

I now am trying on this Vista laptop (a Tosh).
All I want to do is scream.
Scream
Scream
I am lost in a fog of hatred for a system that fails hundreds of times.

I have to download softweare to create a disc. Then find and download the Boot Disc ISO then burn it then go to the PC and install it.
BUT
How does anyone do that if their XP (for instance) does not allow the buring on a Win 7 X64 ISO file? If that is the problem. XP flat out refused to do it no matter what I did; no matter what ISO software burning kit I used; no matter how many times I ran the disc cleaner; no matter where I tried to download the ISO file from. No matter what new disc I tried.

Now I am trying with this Vista laptop. It only gets used for things like this.

Where was I ?

Ah, yes. Microsoft and Toshiba.

WHY DO THEY REFUSE TO INCLUDE A SIMPLE (Start-up) $1 DISC IN A PC WHICH COST OVER $1,400?
I CANNOT ACCESS THE WIN 7 HELP WHEN THE PC IS IN A FAILED STATE.

The problem is my fault though and the computer has frozen perhaps 1,000 times and to re-start I pull the plug and pull the battery; which usually works to re-start the laptop.

Windows 7 is rotten to the core. It is an i7 core laptop.

Now I find this site again (at last) and have found the exact file (many thanks); bu I forgot the site and waded through hundreds of sites over the nights looking for a solution.

I tried fixing it through the night (Again) but no go.

My question is; DO MICROSOFT HATE THEIR CUSTOMERS SO MUCH THAT THEY DESIGN AND SEND STUFF LIKE THIS TO BUYERS/CUSTOMERS ?

Are the only people of value their shareholders?

Behind this laptop is the Win 7 laptop with a blinking cursor on a black/dark grey screen.

Rant over. I think.

What do I do to prevent it happening again?

I will look for an alternative company to use in future.

Or completely give up.

P.S.
Microsoft should use amateurs to test their hardware/software to actually see how the general public function under problems. Just to get an inkling about what they are doing wrong.
Using experts pretending to be amateurs is a fail.

The customer eventually abandons companies that appear to hate them.

P.P.S.
I CANNOT POST A FAIL FILE AS THE COMPUTER REFUSES TO BOOT; DID I MENTION THAT; AGAIN, AGAIN.

Shintaro

Reaction score
You should be able to burn the ISO. Unless it is corrupt of course.
Have you tried:
http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Or burning at a slower speed.

When you laptop boots, do you see the detection of the hard drive?

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
You should be able to burn the ISO. Unless it is corrupt of course.
Have you tried:
http://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

Or burning at a slower speed.

When you laptop boots, do you see the detection of the hard drive?

Hope this helps.
I thought I mentioned that I cannot burn an ISO file on a laptop that will not boot up.

I have downloaded the ISO file from this site now and burned it (on my Vista laptop) using a Cnet file burner; but the laptop just booted up to the bios password and then number-crunched a few minutes and is back to a black blank screen.

Coffee helps me respond as I been up through most of the night trying to get the pile of ***** working..

Reaction score
I get this... now

"WINDOWS IS LOADING FILES".

(from the ISO disc, I think)

They only give you a second to respond to a bit of text to "press any key" on the boot option to run from the DVD/CD drive or 'C' drive' or FDD or whatever.

Number-crunching away now with a black screen.

Maybe I missed the bit of text
("press any key") an hour ago as it eventually went back to a blank/black screen with nothing.

I got it to go to the CD/DVD drive to boot.

Still number crunching after this edit 10 minutes later.

There is still a blank/black screen with no indication about anything to the MS PC customer.

Just the occasional sound of number-crunching in the background.

Do I leave it an hour or a week?

Its a mystery.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,

The reason I am asking about the drive Manufacturer is because maybe the drive is on it's last legs.
And maybe a utility from the drive manufacturer will help.

Reaction score
The "Drive" is a 650 Gig Toshiba factory drive; they installed it a couple of months ago on a "repair" after the laptop wouldn't boot for the 900th time.

The 'C' Drive light is on, on the front of the laptop.

I now hear number-crunching again.

Reaction score
Now its complete silence and the blank screen with the white movable arrow.

'C' Hard-drive light on the front of the laptop is now off.

Will wait a bit.

You never know what mysteries Microsoft may want to put the customer through.

Reaction score
This is the third or fourth hard-drive from Toshiba on this laptop; surely they can't all be garbage?

Also'

I don't get beyond the blank black screen aforementioned; but I appreciate the link if it had booted to the repair side of the software.

Although well out of warranty; I will ask Toshiba for a solution, in another series of phone calls lasting days.

Reaction score
Note; I am in Japan and the non-functioning PC is a Japanese Windows 7 laptop with Ultimate add-on and changed to English.

Is it possible the language construct of the code for the ISO download needs to be in Japanese?

Or will the root of the system allow it to boot in English?

NOTE............. many things still function in Japanese Kanji (Chinese writing characters) on the Win 7 laptop.

A conflict?

anyone ever thought of that?

N.B.
There are hundreds of thousands of people living and working abroad using local computers upgraded to ultimate to operate in English; many of whom have similar problems from time to time.

I had to re-try the boot up again.

Now it has a running bar box near the bottom of the screen and the words "Microsoft Corporation" under the green running bars within the box...

Number crunching again.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
You possibly need Japanese Windows. Sorry I don't know.
I have only installed Japanese Windows on a PC that I bought here in Australia. Not the other way around.

Maybe let it run for an hour and see what happens??

Reaction score
Aha.

Now I got the Repair screen.

goes to

"System Recovery Options"

(But No 'Operating System')

So,

I try to "Load Drivers"

but it tells me to load the installation media.

Asks for a "Setup Information" File.... to open.

I get no information about where to look for the Drivers for "Setup"

Again Microsoft expects the public to have a spare computer to read where they would get this information off the interweb; if you have a connection that is.

So....

The places to 'Look'

are;-

Desktop
Libraries
SYSTEM
Computer
CD Drive (D: ) GMRCULXFRER_EN_DVD
Boot (X: )

I try looking but nothing works.

I click "Desktop" and get the following icons in the repair box;-

Libraries System Folder
System System Folder
Computer System Folder
Control Panel System Folder
Recycle Bin System Folder

When I look around the SETUP files are not to be found. Although I have not tries ALL permutations yet.

Isn't Microsoft considerate to the customer to leave us to guess what to do.... At least there is this forum on my spare PC.

No mention what people without this facility have to endure due to poor programming?

Any ideas?

Or should I gamble on potentially doing the wrong thing?

I can look in a bunch of places on the windows 'C' drive...

BUT

I don't know which file place to find the SETUP INFORMATION that the repair box is asking for?

Last edited:
Reaction score
IF I try and get the SETUP Files/DRIVERS from the D: Drive (DVD Boot disk) I get an Error message, saying;-

"Add Drivers"
The specified location does not contain information about your hardware.

So I GUESS (note the guessing people have to do) that I have to browse all through thousands of files on the 'C' drive for the Setup files?

Any ideas chief?

Reaction score
Edit: ODDLY Its in English dude. So maybe not a language code conflict.

There appears to be hundreds/thousands of SECRET places to look for the correct setup file.

Hi-ho.:mad:

I just need to know where to look for the SETUP FILE.

Ask a Question