Windows 7 Sound Problem Please.

Reaction score
Hi everybody, need some help please.
After many years of using Windows XP as my main operating System, have decided, like me, it's now a PENSIONER. And have decided to reinstalled Windows 7 which was the original Operating System that came with my Computer.
Here's the problem I need help with please:-
I have reinstalled Windows 7 and absolutely everything is working fine, Apart from the Sound?
Have spent the last Three Days trawling the internet for a solution, including updating Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers, looking through the Windows 7 Forums for answers, but as yet no Joy.
My Computer is telling me My Speakers are not plugged in, but if I change to my other Hard Drive which has Windows XP installed the Sound is Working fine.
My computer Does make a Beep sound when I switch on but I guess this is the internal sound.
I did Consider trying to check the BIOS Settings, but unlike XP, which gives you the option of going into the Bios settings on Start up, I Have not yet worked out which key to use in Windows 7.
My Computer Specs are as follows:-
Windows 7 Home Premium.
Service Pack 1.
Packard Bell Aspire M5802.
Intel(R) Core(TM 2) QUAD CPU Q800 @2.50 GHz.
Memory 8.00GB 64 Bit Operating System.
Could somebody out there Please point me in the Right direction as to which Driver I need to solve this problem.
Many thanks
Paul.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Go to Acer Support and select W7 64bit, try the Realtek Audio driver ver 2.29. If that does not solve your issue then I would probably try the Chipset driver to see if that makes any difference

Reaction score
Go to Acer Support and select W7 64bit, try the Realtek Audio driver ver 2.29. If that does not solve your issue then I would probably try the Chipset driver to see if that makes any difference
Hello and thanks for reply.

Had tried this previously but did try it again, Unfortunately, with no luck.

Having established that the Speakers are working on my other Hard Drive, and also plugged Speakers into my Daughters
Mobile Phone, and again they worked fine on both.

I have solved the Problem by Purchasing Dynamode 7.1 Surround Sound USB Adapter from PC World for £8:99 and now the Sound is working fine.

Not the Answer I was looking for, but may me helpful to somebody else with the same Problem.

Once again, thanks for reply.

Regards

Paul.

Ask a Question