Windows 7 Home Premium OA Installation

Reaction score
Hi,

I need to reinstall Windows 7 Home Premium OA 64-Bit.

I recently got an ISO file, did an image burn, and installed Windows 7.

Now, when I go to Control Panel - System and Security - System, I see that the Product Key will be automatically activated in 2 days, and that the current key is invalid. The key that is entered is not the Product Key that is on the sticker on my HP computer. I don't know how that product key got there.

What will happen in 2 days time?

It gives me and option to "use and automated phone thread" or "type a different product key".

Should I enter my product key that is listed on the sticker on the computer?

Is it possible that the ISO file I burned was incorrect?

I am a little naieve with these things, so I apprecaite your support and guidance.

Thank you

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Well I'm a bit concerned where you "got an ISO file" because legitimate versions like we have HERE don't include a product key. So if you have a version from a torrent or other risky source then you really don't know what else they may have included, for instance spyware, viruses, keyloggers. For that reason I would reformat and start fresh with a legitimate W7 ISO.

But either way, if the computer came with W7 Home Premium then yes, you enter in your product code from the sticker. The code only works with the proper version so if the key was for starter edition then it won't work on Home Premium.

Ask a Question