Clean Install of Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit not working right

Reaction score
Due to a hard drive problem I had to replace the one in my HP Pavlion a6500f. Instead of staying with the 500 GB drive that was originally in I got a 1 TB drive and a brand new Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. I did the clean Install but can't get the OS to change wallpapers or even see My Pictures to use as a Screen Saver. When trying to change the Wallpaper all I get is a listing of Windows solid colors. Screen Saver only gives me the files included in Windows 7.

Can anyone tell me how to get this OS to recognize my files?

I'm also having a problem with some of the programs that worked just fine on my old drive with Windows 7 on it. Yes, I bought another copy of the exact same OS that was on the old drive.

Reaction score
The net framework is installed and as far as I know all of the mother board drivers are as well. How would I know if one was missing? And which one it is? I'm not exactly the most computer literate person out here.

Reaction score
you went to the hp site and download all the drivers for the hp model Pavlion a6500f

usually a program will show a message if it doesn't have a net framework installed that it uses..

to set my pictures as screen saver click display/personalization /click screen saver/in the drop down list click photos
click settings browse to the my pictures folder..
In the /personalization you should see "desktop background"

Ask a Question