Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit to Windows 7 32bit

Reaction score
Hi,

I have Acer 4810T it comes with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit version, after I ask to Microsoft guys here Is that possible to change to 32bit version? they suggest me to buy Microsoft Anytime Upgrade (WAU) Windows 7 Professional. But after I run that serial number inside the FPP box, there was change to Windows 7 Professional, but still 64bit.
Is that possible to change to 32 bit license? I'm not yet Activate this version of windows because I'm afraid if there was no change to 32 bit this serial number will no longer be return.

Regards

Fred's

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums, Loix! You can't make bit changes with the Anytime Upgrade option. If you have a 64 bit computer, then you get an upgrade, but it will be a 64 bit one. You do have a 30 day money back guarantee, return the product for your money. You will have to get a 32 bit disc and do a "custom" install, that is the same as a clean install. You will need to backup anything you don't want to lose. Too, when you bought and installed the upgrade (you mentioned you ran the serial number), your upgrade has already activated during the process of the upgrade. But that doesn't matter. You have a satisfaction guarantee, you will get your money back upon returning the product (removing the product, and replacing the version you had before upgrading). Microsoft will check to make sure you have reinstalled the prior version before issuing a refund. You have a recovery partition, so that won't be a problem. Afterwards, if you still want a 32 bit version, you can purchase and install it. One thing I would like to ask, how much RAM do you have? If it's 4GB, you won't be able to access it all with the 32 bit version installed. It's something you need to carefully think about. Should you need any further assistance, feel free to post back anytime.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
First question is why do you want to go to a 32 bit Windows 7?

Are you having issues running a 32 bit application?

It doesn't really make any sense to revert to a 32 bit operating system when you really have a better system with the 64 bit. The bus is wider and will address more RAM also.

If you don't mind give us reason why you want to change back to a 32 bit system.

If you're really insistent on installing a 32 bit Home Premium then go to the following link and download the ISO image file and burn it to a DVD blank disc. Use ImgBurn, its free and burn no faster than 4X to get an accurate burn.

Use the product key that came with your 64 bit system, look for the COA label it should be there.

https://www.w7forums.com/windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links-t2910.html

Reaction score
Hi all, thanks for the respond
Ram was only 2GB Cattiley, and Nibiru, I still have old version of 16bit applications that won't run at 64bit. That should be no use to buy FPP WUA Windows 7 Professional, I try to return back to Microsoft for refund.
Thanks anyway for your great respond

Regards

Loix

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Loix, what you can do, and this will cost less than buying a new Windows 7 program, is upgrading your RAM to 4GB. This will allow you to install Windows Virtual PC with XP Mode. I just last night installed this on my desktop, and it's the best VM that I've had. You can run almost all of your older programs and hardware (such as printers). The most tricky thing to it is setting up your BIOS to allow hardware virtualization. On the home page of Windows Virtual PC is a link to doing this, as well as a tool that will determine whether or not you can even do it. You need to run this tool before doing anything. If you need further assistance in this matter, please post back. I or someone else who is knowledgeable of this program will do our best to answer any question you may have.

Reaction score
I Had already try using Virtualisation since Windows XP, It's maybe a good solution too, but I need to try Nibiru solution first.. that's also a good Idea, after that try your solution Catilley, but most of all I try to retun back to Microsoft retailer first my windows 7 prof WAU, maybe that's not works at my country, but I will try ..

Regards

Loix

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
I Had already try using Virtualisation since Windows XP, It's maybe a good solution too, but I need to try Nibiru solution first.. that's also a good Idea, after that try your solution Catilley, but most of all I try to retun back to Microsoft retailer first my windows 7 prof WAU, maybe that's not works at my country, but I will try ..

Regards

Loix
Loix, I hope that the policies are the same where you are as it is here. I don't see why it wouldn't be. You should get your money back with no problems. And Nibiru's suggestion is a good one for you. My solution requires you to have a little more RAM for the VM and your OS to run smoothly. Should you need further help, please post at any time.

Reaction score
Thats becoz they dont allow to switch to 32 bit from 64 ( and vice versa ) but the key is the same , there are no diffrence between the 32 and 64 bit keys . In ya case its OS limitations

Ask a Question