Win 7 Newbie :: Waving Hello :::

Reaction score
Gretings all~

As the thread title says ..

Im a Win 7 newbie.. (got it as a Christmas present from a good freind of mine) and am geting used to all the nuances and "bugs"( if you want to call them that) of Win 7 ..

I find Win 7 to be quite a good udpgrade(as long as yu do a FULL INSTALL) to what XP or Vista is(was) Win 7 is on my main system Vista is on my "backup laptop"

I've done quite a bit of computer work through the years ( Since Win 95 days and MAYBE a little bit earlier if anyone here remebers the "GEOS" from the C64 days)

So far as being a member of this forum(refered from the same friend that I got.. LEGALLY Win 7 from) I have learned quite a bit of how to get around certain "bugs" in Win 7 and hope to be able to contribute some information as I go along..

And hope you dont mind but .. even though I have been around computers for a long time .. I'll stil be asking some very "newbieish" questions from time to time ..

Or I might even give you a question that may stump even the "experts"

As far as I'm concerned ... I'ts all part of the process.. we learn from each other to pass the knowledge on from one to the next..

Well thats all from me .. for now

Respectfully,
LoneWolfMage

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Welcome lonewolfmage!

Hope you like it here. I'm sure we can all help each other and that's what it's really all about.

Enjoy.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
lonewolfmage, welcome to the forum! I was a Win 7 "newbie" a little over a year ago myself. At the time, I had ran XP for nearly eight years, and didn't bother with Vista. Also, it was my first 64 bit PC, and I was nervous about everything myself.

But thanks to the support that I received on this forum, I had a very easy transition. There are some things that I still don't know, but I really enjoy Win 7, and for the most part, have found it to be easier to maintain than XP was. I still have XP Media Center on my notebook, but seldom use it.

I feel that once you get going good, you'll find it hard to look back. And like I previously stated, there's plenty of qualified help should you need it.

You may want to take a look at the Free Software Database on the forum, there are many useful apps for most any need, and there's a collection of tutorials as well.

Any time you need help, or just have a question, feel free to drop by.

Cat

Reaction score
Hi lonewolfmage - Welcome to w7forums

Helping each other, thats what it is all about.

w7forums was the first forum I was ever a part of. I downloaded Windows 7 Beta and had a few problems, so I joined this forum, and look I'm still here nearly two years later.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Hello lonewolfmage! Welcome to the Windows 7 Forums website! :ciao:

We're basically one big happy family here... well 99.999% of the time! ;)

We hope you enjoy your stay here and that it is as gratifying for you and it has been for me.

Reaction score
Thank you all so far fo the warm welcome

It's much appreciated :)

Just to also warn ya .. I may not post much .. I'm more of the "lurker" type when it come to forums but I WILL contribute when and if I can as I lean more with Win 7

@ Catilley regarding the Freeware software....

Quite a few of those I know of and have used since they came out .. thank you though for the refernce..

And to be honest ...I like having at least ONE system that has an older verison of an OS to look back on for refernce .. or "nostalgia" sake .. which ever way you want to look at it ...

In that way ..(granted yes Win 7 is in essence quite a revamp of Win OS's) i can still do some extra trouble shooting ..from one OS to another.. ( if that makes sense)

See ya all in the near future.

~LoneWolf

Reaction score
welcome aboard lonewolfmage ! glad tooo see you like your christmas gift your welcome

Ask a Question