Windows 7 Newbie

Reaction score
Hi everyone, currently downloading the Windows 7 RC and am planning on running it as my main OS but I have a few questions and if anyone can help me out it would be aprishiated.

As this would be running as my main OS is it stable enough to be purchasing things over the internet and signing in to accounts etc? is there any major security flaws?

In relation drivers would Windows Vista drivers be ok? I have XP at the minute and guessing they will not work.

What is this WDDM 1.1 I keep hearing about?

Thanks
Tom

Reaction score
Hey to be honest W7 is stable enough as a main OS, I havnt found any security flaws as of yet, and all the popular security brands offer you a free beta version of their security so all good there.
Drivers, these have worked differently for different people, mine have all worked a treat. So you wont really know until you install the OS. Im not sure what this WDDM 1.1 is, can anyone help on this?

Reaction score
Cheers lads, thanks for the help. One more question, is it possible to do a dual boot with 7 alongside XP or will problems occur?

Cheers
Tom

Reaction score
W7 did have a major security flaw in it but the first updates sorted that out. I'm using this as my main OS now and it works sweet. The only problems i have encountered are user error ,Oh and 1 disaster using Virtual PC.

I'm dual booting with Vista and have had no problems at all, sorry cant vouch for XP.

Last edited:

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Cheers lads, thanks for the help. One more question, is it possible to do a dual boot with 7 alongside XP or will problems occur?

Cheers
Tom
Yes you can, but it gets complicated if you already installed Windows 7 first. ;) To dual boot on XP with a computer that already has Vista/Windows 7 installed: Link

Reaction score
Cheers mate but not installed Windows 7 yet, just got XP installed at the minute.

Reaction score
Perfect......love every beat of Win7

Hope they release language packs soon

Ask a Question