SOLVED When upgrading from Vista to W7 I get "setup can't continue"

Reaction score
When upgrading from Vista to W7 I get "setup can't continue,. Your computer will now restart, and your previous version of Windows will be restored"

I have a clean report from the Upgrade advisor. Whatt am I missing? I do have the 64 bit disk

Last edited:
Reaction score
1. Disable any security software before attempting to upgrade or do a clean install.
2. Make sure your computer is updated (devices and applications)
3. Disconnect any external devices before installing.
4. Check your hard disk for any errors:

cmd -> chkdsk /r /f
http://hddscan.com/

5. If still no luck, run memtest overnight :
www.memtest.org

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
I would suggest doing a "clean install". I know it's a little more work, but it is worth it.

Reaction score
I would suggest doing a "clean install". I know it's a little more work, but it is worth it.
Iwas trying to avoid doing that, while waiting for help, i was reading some of the other problems, and it seems that eventualy I would have to do the clean install anyway. Thanks for your help

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Yes, a clean install. :top:

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Yes, a clean install is really the only way to start off with a nearly problem-free operating system. Too many users have experienced problems doing the "upgrade" route from Vista.

Ask a Question