[Question]Upgrading to windows 7 64 bit from windows vista 32 bit saying not compatible

Reaction score
please someone help i spent like so much time downloading the unregistered windows 7 home priemum 64 bit iso download for like a whole day and i took forever to put it on it a blank disk.And as of right now i cheked with windows upgrade advisor to see if my system is compatible,it is i just need to select custom installion,but see i cant even run the setup at all without it saying:"This version of windows is not compaitlble with your system."And i hit ok and then nothing heppens.PLEASE i dont wanna redownload another whole iso disk,i burned it with imgburn and tested it on my old laptop with windows xp(but it was with windows ultimate disk instead) And btw i am downloading from the official website of micrsosoft.And i downloaded the 64 bit version,and i already backed everything up,i am ok to do custom install,just someone please help me, i have to leave at 12:30 i dont have much time...sorry to be rude lol.

Reaction score
quote .....This version of windows is not compaitlble with your system.

What version of Vista are you using in your failed attempt to upgrade to Win 7 Home Premium ?

Read this Upgrade Path, particularly the Supported Upgrade table......
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772579(v=ws.10).aspx

Also, this note :
Upgrades to Windows 7 from the following operating systems are not supported:

• Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows XP, Windows Vista® RTM, Windows Vista Starter, Windows 7 M3, Windows 7 Beta, Windows 7 RC, or Windows 7 IDS
....................................................................................................................................................................
P.S. What do you mean " unregistered windows 7 home priemum 64 bit iso " ?

Use this link for Win 7 SP1 ISO download......
https://www.w7forums.com/threads/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-image-downloads.12325/

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Also, did you download the media refresh edition? Certain computers do not like the original SP-1 and need SP-1(U).

Ask a Question