Welcome to W7Forums.com

Reaction score
Hey Great to be here - enjoying reading all the info and insights and really looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Grace

Ross

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
Hi everyone....:D

Not long to go now....

Reaction score
Buy a new laptop now ,or should we wait?

Is it better to wait for the 22 October 2009 official offering of Windows 7 before we purchase a new Thinkpad laptop? We are holding back the purchase now because of the need to clean intstall Windows 7 after 22 October 2009. We would very much appreciate any advice, suggestions ,or recommendations.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Most manufacturers are bundling a free upgrade to Windows 7 if you purchase their laptops (or desktop) now, so if you buy now you should still receive a free upgrade to Windows 7 later. You'd need to check with the laptop seller / manufacturer to be sure the model is included in the promotion.

Reaction score
Network

Hello Ian,

Have been here on the site now for 5 minutes and I already love it. When do you start with articles about network? I am looking for how to share profiles. I am only a newbee in network land but I amm learning more and more

Reaction score
Hi adiraatje - Welcome to the site :ciao:

Have you used the search box by typing "Networking"

Reaction score
Howdy all

Just thought I would be polite say hello to everyone. Looks a great site that you have budding here. Hope you dont mind me lurking around :)

Reaction score
Hi Cookieman - Welcome to w7forums :ciao:

Lurk about all you want. Just don't eat my cookies. :lol:
If you have any questions let us know what it is. I'm sure someone can help you.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Howdy all

Just thought I would be polite say hello to everyone. Looks a great site that you have budding here. Hope you dont mind me lurking around :)
Hi Cookieman, welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Just to revive an ancient thread which predates me by yrs. Looking through it apart from Ian and Cliff I didn't see many other names of people you still see now, apart from Betaman.
There was a bit of gap in months there as well I saw from when Ian first posted and then there were a couple of responses then a lull.
Anyway congrats on a continued good site Ian.:beer:

Reaction score
Almost 3 years since the first post. But anyways Glad to be in this forums! Very helpful members and lots of education for newly found Computer Problems. btw I'm new here :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Almost 3 years since the first post. But anyways Glad to be in this forums! Very helpful members and lots of education for newly found Computer Problems. btw I'm new here :)
Welcome to the forums :D

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
This is the best Windows 7 forum on the net. In the 17 months that I've been here, I've learned more than from the period of 2000 through early Nov 2009, a span of over 9 years.

Win 2000, I had it learned fairly well. XP was (and still is) a PITA. No other OS that I've had, had to be reinstalled so many times. Not to mention the security issues & constant patching that MS had to do.

Win 7, the best OS that MS has ever produced. Time will prove that.

And we have the best admin in the business with Ian.:) Here's to another three years!:beer:

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
After Service Pack 2, I never really had any issues too much with XP.
SP2 was good to me, too. But after installing SP3 (which many users refused to install until they had to), I began to have problems. Mostly security related, although at that time, I had been running Avast (free) for years, with no problem.

Once weekly, I ran the Windows Live Safety Scanner, and MBAM, for the most part, Avast was doing it's job.

But on my last install of XP, I updated, and refused SP3, and it didn't give any problems. I just didn't get any more updates. Mabye it's been Band-Aided enough.:D

Cat

Ask a Question