VIA HD Audio Drivers failing Spectacularly

Reaction score
My Sound Card, an Integrated chip, on this board. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131402

Recently I noticed my device did not have actual sound drivers and was actually using win 7's defaults. I noticed this because my Mic would not work. So, I went out to my Manufacturer's website, and grabbed their latest sound drivers. Voila, it worked after a restart. Then I noticed a few days later, that my left sound channel had died. (It did intially work correctly) Re-installing the drivers, to a previous version solved the problem, for a few days. It also seems to fix it now, if I re-install the drivers again, both sound channels work, now I just get the right channel. This is VERY annoying.... and I simply cannot get it to work correctly. Any help would be nice, I am currently running win7 64 bit, with 4 Gbs of ram, an AMD Phenom X4 at 3.2 GHz, with an Ati Radeon 5770, (I have disabled the onbard HDMI audio from the GPU)

Would really appreciate some help. I havn't found any rhyme or reason to the sound channel dieing, it just seems to do it when it wants to.

Reaction score
Search Google or Bing for Via. Go to there site and search for any updates for the integrated sound. I copied the Via part number from Newegg's spec's for your board. Here they are in case you don't have it.
Audio Chipset VIA VT1708S

Reaction score
Been there tried that. All the versions I've used seem to do the same thing after a time. They simply fail out for my left audio channel. I've been able to trick my way around it with a USB headset... since its handled with different drivers. When I re-install the drivers they work for a few days and then my left audio channel dies again. I just re-installed earlier today... we'll see how long they last.

Reaction score
Have you temporarily disabled you antivirus software before trying to update the driver or bios? You need to do that. If you have, then it sound's like it's time to contact Asus's support.

Ask a Question