USB Mouse slow to respond after wake from Sleep in Windows 7

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
It is so the USB controller in the chipsets can recognize the devices attached and process them accordingly.

Don't worry about it, its not using extra power or taking anything away from the motherboard's operation, it's just there to help your computer run smoother and more efficient.

Reaction score
It is so the USB controller in the chipsets can recognize the devices attached and process them accordingly.

Don't worry about it, its not using extra power or taking anything away from the motherboard's operation, it's just there to help your computer run smoother and more efficient.
OK I guess I'll keep it turned on then

Thanks!

Reaction score
I had this very same problem, for months. It was maddening. I tried all the standard solutions—Power Options, Device Manager, BIOS, etc.

I was finally able to fix it by disabling the Workstation service (one of the many hidden programs that automatically run when you start Windows). The Workstation service is necessary only if your PC is connected to a private network (not the Internet) so you can share files, printers, and other devices with other computers.

When you resume from Sleep mode, the Workstation service searches for other computers on your network. Even if they don't exist, in some cases it can still take a while to realize that and release your system back to you. If your PC is NOT on such a network, you can safely turn it off and avoid this delay.

1. At the Start menu, type cmd and look for "cmd.exe" in the list above.

2. Right-click "cmd.exe", then click Run as Administrator. A command-line window appears.

3. In the window, type services.msc and press Enter. The Services window appears.

4. Find "Workstation" in the list of services. Right-click it, then click Stop. After the service stops, right-click "Workstation" again, then click Properties. The Workstation Properties window appears.

5. In the "Startup type" list, select "Disabled", then click OK.

6. Close all open windows, then log off and back on again for the change to take effect.

Ask a Question