unable to delete "vgrabber"

Reaction score
Hello. I am new to this site. I am running Windows 7 Home Edition.

I recently downloaded a program called "vgrabber" by mistake. I have been unable to delete this program from my computer using the usual uninstall feature in control panel. In addition, my homepage was changed from Yahoo to 'vgrabber"/bing, my search engine from Google to "vgrabber" (reset is not stored on restart).

I have downloaded/installed programs especially designed for malware and spyware removal; in each case threats were identified and removed.

However, I still cannot remove this nettlesome software. I attempted systen restore using the date of program installed before "vgrabber", as per instructions, but this date was not accepted. Insteadl the restore point was set as the date of the the above software install. I had not turned on the "create restore date" option.

Any assistance with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Reaction score
I have already tried Malwarebytes. Will follow instructions and rerun.

Thank you again.:)

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
I would also recommend booting to safe mode as that will prevent it from loading in the first place and make it much easier to remove. Anti-malware / spyware programs can be run in safemode and may prove more effective in there, as well.

Reaction score
gratitude

Thank you Elmer.
Unfortunately, I cannot sign into this site without re-registering every time. This is my third version of 'padyboy'. This has become too frustrating. Thus will not be returning here in the future, except to access and record the website you recommended.
My web search failed to locate the info you provided.
If I am able to sign in again, I will say goodbye.:eek:

Ask a Question