System/Kernel eating my cpu

Reaction score
https://www.w7forums.com/threads/nt...e-kereleaseinstackqueuedspinlock-0x1e0.16532/

I'm aware this thread is a year old but, i'm having almost the exact same issue. With exception, the error keeps changing its TID. I've tried suspending, killing, and looking at the permission and it always says the same thing: Unable to access thread. So far i've tracked it to POSSIBLY be a driver associated with "folder lock" software.

I'd never even heard of the software before this started happening though. It slows my entire computer down. I'm trying to find the driver, anyhow. I found in the registry one entry that appears when i search the regedit for "folder lock" but it gives no information, so i'm worried about deleting it.

!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDcpLevel+0x1e0
-this is the one that showed up before
36 ntoskrnl.exe!KeReleaseInStackQueuedSpinLock+0x1e0
-This is showing up now. The TID 36 comes up fairly often with it, but even then i don't know what to do with the information.

this is the WPK information. https://www.mediafire.com/?54ea7n8wo5o6o7m

Does ANYONE know how to fix it?

I will offer any more information i can if i'm answered.

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
Sorry for the slow responce.
Thanks for the WPR files! That helps a lot.

You appear to have multiple AV solutions running.

So, as a starter remove Avira and then make sure that Microsoft Defender / Security Essential (I never remember what they call it!) is up to date.

Shintaro

Reaction score
It looks like something is doing a Oid request on your network card. But there is a spinlock on the resource so it is just sitting there. Could be the Avira software locking the network card resources.

Try an update of the Atheros Network driver HERE.

I don't know which one because you didn't provide the hardware spec.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
The hardware is a toshiba satellite from 2012. I'm not sure what the right one is though.

Thank you for your answer. I noticed the most recent update of avira split it into several processes, i figured it was just how they set it up.

Reaction score
Yes, repeatedly. there were like 3 different installed avira components. i uninstalled and reinstalled an older version that seems to work now. I don't know what they did with it.

Reaction score
Well i have another problem. My computer keeps hanging for a second or two at a time. Meaning part of whatever i type doesn't appear, then all appears at oncee, i can't watch videos, i can't play some of my games.

It isn't just that either. I've seen it do this when there was nothing open but the game or firefox. The audio keeps playing fine, but the visuals are slowed down terribly. I have task manager open and i keep an eye on the notification bar, this will happen even with the cpu only at 50% and the memory at about 60%. I'm going to restart again and hope it fixes the problem. Just writing this post the issue occured 14 different times.

After the restart it is still occurring.

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, please download hwInfo from HERE.
  1. Run hwInfo
  2. Click on "Save Report".
  3. Under the "Export Format" choose html.
  4. Save it where you can find it.
  5. Put the file in a zip file and upload it to the forum.
Kind of sounds like a video driver problem.

Try running WPR again and upload that data.

Reaction score
Here's the information. I let the analyzer run for around 5 minutes. I have noticed since reinstalling avira, my cpu use is always really high, but not often from avira. wmiprvse.exe takes no less than 10% with every spike, every few seconds. I'm starting to think maybe i should just get a new antivirus. Avira seems to have gotten so screwy with its newest update. Is there any you'd recommend?

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4xnr3h0s30fflsz/NYAN-CHAN-PC.zip

Edit: now its even worse. the cpu is at 100% all the time, even with nothing specific running it never drops below 50% cpu. System is not helping the matter.

I've also seen a new permission group, called IIS_IUSRS, in a network file that is also taking up a lot of cpu. I'm going to reinstall avira one more time from the oldest setup file i have for it(back when it was stable). If that doesn't work i'm stumped.

Okay, i found out that avira has 2 seperate programs installed when i installed it. Avira Free Antivirus, which i kept, and something just called Avira, which i guess manages it? I'm not entirely convinced i don't have a virus, so i'm going to run everything again, but so far malwarebytes and spybot haven't found anything. I do have scans set every week, and a full scan every other week, so far it SAYS i'm clean but, i don't know anymore. The usage of cpu has gone down after uninstalling the Avira program, but i left the antivirus installed. One of the 'svchost's flickered up to 40% for a moment, but went back down.

On another note: i also noticed firefox has not only the plugin container but 2 of the files called "flashplayerplugin". Should it?

Last edited:

Shintaro

Reaction score
  1. Download and run TDSSKiller.
    1. Accept the "End User License Agreement"
    2. Accept the "KSN Statement"
    3. Select "Change Parameters" and Select:
      • Verify file digital signatures
      • Detect TDLFS file system
      • Use KSN to scan objects
    4. When the scan is complete the log file is in C:\ It will have a name like "TDSSKiller.3.0.0.34_04.05.2014_08.05.16_log.txt"
  2. Install Malwarebytes (Free Version)
    1. Select "Threat Scan"
    2. When it is completed, please upload the log file from: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\Logs
  3. Please download and run Windows Defender Offline.
    1. Click "Next"
    2. Click "I Accept"
    3. Select Either: (Typically it is either CD/DVD or USB)
      • CD or DVD
      • USB
      • ISO file
    4. Cllick "Next"
    5. It will create a CD / DVD / USB and will boot and scan your hard drive offline.

Ask a Question