Still Attempting To Delete Previous Owner of A Refurbished HP Elitebook 8460p laptop Before Doing A

CAG

Reaction score
Yesterday I received a very helpful reply from Clifford Cooley and appreciated it very much.
Based on his suggestion, and before doing a clean install of Windows 7, I feel there is one thing I missed in following the instructions on gaining ownership and would like to get to the bottom of it.
I have installed many drivers, applications and programs already in this computer and would like to keep that work intact.
I followed the instructions on how to obtain ownership by clicking on hp, (the former owner) and clicking on properties, then the security setting.
Next, I followed with choosing a user name, CAG, my name and clicked on edit.
It gave full access to CAG so I tried to get "edit" to allow me to get into "special permissions' so I could delete hp, but no matter how many times I tried and, believe me, I tried many, the box did not have a check mark in it which is what would have allowed me to gain access and delete hp..
I kept getting the message that the folder was open somewhere else but could not find where the somewhere else was.
The good thing is I was able to make myself the owner/administrator but in spite of that fact, could not give "myself" permission to delete the former owner.
Can someone tell me if I missed a step along the way?
Any help would really be appreciated so I don't have to go through this again if it should happen.:)

MODERATOR NOTE: Previous thread

CAG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ask a Question