Slow execution of application from server 2008 r2 from client windows

Reaction score
i have windows server 2008 r2.
i've placed my application folder of server drive and i call them from remote client machines.
if the client machine is xp,2003 the application runs very fast and login screen appears in 1 second.
but if it is executed from windows 7,8 client machine, it takes lot of time, and most of the time it gives TIME OUT Error.
we checked using sql profiler to assure that sql is not creating any issue.. and we found sql is executing query very fast as it does with xp,2003,
i have resolved LLMNR protocol issue also, still the problem exist.
we have very powerful network so can't say there is network issue, as it works like charm on other OS.
it looks like when i double click the shortcut it verifies the path ..or something else.....
i'm not sure....but it is very slow.....

Shintaro

Reaction score
So is it a Domain with the Win 7/8 clients authenticating to Active Directory? Or just a simple Peer-to-peer network?
Before you start the application, can you browse/see the directory that has the application executable in it?

What is the network speed?
Are the ping times to the Win 7/8 machines the same as to the XP machine?

Have you captured a packet trace?
If you get a packet capture,use Wireshark and then TraceWrangler to sanitize the capture so that no company data is leaked.

Reaction score
we are not using active directory.
We are using Peer to peer connection..
yes we can all dlls and files available in that directory.
Network speed is 1Gbps
Ping times are same as XP Machines.
i have not tried packet trace till now...

Shintaro

Reaction score
Mate,
Without an packet trace it is really hard to determine what is going on.

If your able to provide a packet trace that would be good.

Ask a Question