Resume after sleep - Keyboard/mouse don't work

Reaction score
Just moved to Win7 Ultimate from XP. Have new ECS IC-780 motherboard. Moved the (generic) PS2 compatible keyboard AND PS2 compatible mouse (MS Intellimouse) to new computer. Under Win7, when computer goes to sleep and reawakens, neither the keyboard nor mouse works (never had issue with XP, and it is not a problem from cold start), I have to hold the power button for 4 sec (yes this is set in the AMD bios) to do a hard shutdown. When it reboots everything is fine.
I found some similar posts - some didn't apply and others didn't work. I checked bios settings, don't see any issues there. My solution so far is to disable sleep, but there must be a better option..
Any ideas?
Jamie

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
The most common thing is to check the power settings in device manager for the keyboard and the mouse. Control Panel > Device Manager, find your mouse and double-click to open properties. If it has a Power Management tab then you can set it to wake the computer. Do the same for the keyboard.
DeviceWakeUp.jpg

Ask a Question