PC looses internet connection when I put it to Sleep

Reaction score
I recently installed a WiFi Modem. I had to connect my pc to the modem with an Ethernet cord. The WiFi connection stays on all the time and there is no problem. My problem is that if I put the PC to "sleep" for several hours, when I wake it up, the pc will not connect to the internet unless I reboot my computer. When I do that, the internet connects automatically. I can't figure why putting my computer in the sleep mode would disconnect the Ethernet internet connection. I even purchased a new Ethernet cord, as the one I was using was old and not quite long enough. Also, when I wake the computer up and the internet does not connect, the modem "connection" light stays on as if there is not problem and I am connected. Could it be a network setting, or power setting that is causing this, or is it the modem itself. This is brand new equipment.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
It's likely your network card settings. Go to Control Panel > (System >) Device Manager. Expand Network Adapters and double click on your installed network card. Then go to the Power Management tab & set it to never sleep

Ask a Question