radeon 4890 !

Reaction score
Hi i have just put together my pc all going ok but i am getting to many blue screens fot my likeing ! i think its down to my graphics card i just had a look at my drives the only thing i can see is that i am running directx 9 and i know that card likes 10.1 what do you lot think could this be my reason for my blue screen ?

Core

all ball, no chain
Reaction score
No.

Are you using OEM drivers or native Windows ones? Have you tried updating to the latest & greatest Catalyst drivers from ati.amd.com?

Reaction score
All the drivers are up to date when i built my new pc i just swapped my hard drive over do you think its worth doing a new install !

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Your hard drive still has all the "old" drivers from your previous hardware such as chipset drivers, sound drivers, and video drivers, etc.

Of course, this is an assumption on my part, that the hard drive you swapped from your old system was the main "C" drive. Am I right?

You installed Windows 7 Professional. You're using a Gigabyte motherboard also, good choice by the way! Go and download all the latest version drivers for your sound chip, chipset, video card and such. Store them on a thumb drive, CD-RW or wherever.

Do a clean install of Windows 7 Pro, it will run so much better than it does now.

I am assuming your installing the 64 bit version.

The following are the latest Realtek drivers you'll need.
For your Realtek soundchip drivers go to: Realtek Sound Drivers

For your Realtek LAN 8111C drivers go to: Realtek LAN Driver

Go to the Gigabyte page for your motherboard model for the chipset and SATA drivers

Use the link on the previous post for the ATI Radeon drivers.

Reaction score
Yes you are completely right so it is wise to do a new install. OK am going to do a new install now are be back online soon fingers crossed.

Reaction score
Ok done the new install it ws going ok then yes i got the bsod. This is driving me nuts this pc is new.

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041790
BCP2: FFFFFA8000BD61E0
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Reaction score
As Nibiru stated; you need to do a clean install. This means when you load the CD click the clean install tab. This will wipe your hard drive clean and install windows 7 which also means you lose anything and everything on your hard drive (s) that you have not saved or backed up. Other wise it's just an upgrade install of the OS. Make sure you back up and save ever thing you want....pictures, software and so on.

If this is what you did it could very well be your GPU card causing the issue. There is a lot of chatter out there about the latest ATI drivers playing havoc the Windows 7. This is just on a few new cards that have been released...ie HD Readon 5770. Something to look into.

Reaction score
I have done a new install its looking like faulty memory i pulled one stick and so far all ok tried the next stick and it crashed on me.

Ask a Question