SOLVED How To Enable Aero on Windows 7 with ATI Radeon 200m Xpress WORKS 100%

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
This is my first post. So my tutorial is on "How to enable Aero on Windows 7 with the ATI Radeon Xpress 200m Graphic Chip"

I am writing this from my Toshiba Satellite Pro M70 Laptop, which has a 128mb ATI Radeon Xpress 200m built in it. It has Aero Enabled, and I can't help but get amazed looking at my screen. This is NOT a high end laptop, but can run games like GTA Vice City and Half Life 2 perfectly. I have 1gb of ram installed in it. You can scan the files AS MANY TIMES AS YOU WANT, but I'm sure you wont find ANY virus'(not even a false detection)

So here it goes:

1. Download This (Mediafirehttp://ifile.it/ft7mkvw) .zip archive

2. Extract them to your desktop and make sure its not clumsy.

3. Run Double Driver (dd.exe) fromt the Double Driver folder.

4. Click the "Restore" Tab

5. Now Click the "Locate Backup" Button.

6. Then, click "Other Location" on the popup.

7. Press the .. button, and it will ask you for the folder where the video card's drivers are.

8. Now, select JUST the "Ati Radeon Xpress 200m Drivers By Ishmum" (Dont worry its for ALL ATI Radeon Xpress 200m graphic cards).

9. Press Restore Now, and wait for it to do the stuff. Now, if any window pops up saying the driver is not signed, ignore it and just press install.

10. WATCH THE MAGIC HAPPEN!!! Restart your Laptop, Go to Personalize by right clicking on the desktop, and select an Aero theme from there. Happy Aero-ing!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

A BIG THANKS TO THE MODERATOR: Guys, it is always good to stay on the safe side. Create a restore point BEFORE you try my method. Also, I can assure you that my files have NO viruses at all and its 100% guaranteed to work.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
MODERATOR DISCLAIMER:
EXEs from strangers can be extremely dangerous to your computers health and security. I have had several private messages with this new member and believe he is sincere but you should always use caution when downloading files.

I want to make it clear, the files were not developed by w7forums and, as is the case with any download, should be used with caution. A system back-up; a restore point; and Virus scans are always a good idea.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Works perfectly

I just registered to the forum to say that the method works, and seems to be the only method perfectly described, step by step.

Well, I have a Toshiba m70 and a retail license of W7.
Since Xp is way too 2002 (lol) i decided to try it.

Windows didn´t recognized the video card, and didn´t even accepted to install Vista driver.

Downloaded, executed the exe as said worked perfectly.
After reboot windows was showing the full res (1280 x 800, before was 1024x768 generic driver) and included AERO! :D

Seriously, this is GREAT!
Thanks a lot for taking your time to help us! This was great!

Reaction score
I just registered to the forum to say that the method works, and seems to be the only method perfectly described, step by step.

Well, I have a Toshiba m70 and a retail license of W7.
Since Xp is way too 2002 (lol) i decided to try it.

Windows didn´t recognized the video card, and didn´t even accepted to install Vista driver.

Downloaded, executed the exe as said worked perfectly.
After reboot windows was showing the full res (1280 x 800, before was 1024x768 generic driver) and included AERO! :D

Seriously, this is GREAT!
Thanks a lot for taking your time to help us! This was great!
Thanks for actually replying back!!! I'm glad it worked for you. The resolution at 1024X768 really SUCKED because it looked like a toy laptop. But at 1280X800? Oh man, BIG improvement. Thanks again for replying

Reaction score
Can you please reupload the rar. It has an CRC error :(
I already tried to redownload it, but the CRC error stays.

Code:
ATI_Drivers(ishmumrhmn).rar: CRC-Fehler in Satellite M70 13-04-2011 8-59-52 PM\Display\ATI Radeon Xpress Series\B_72960\atidxx32.dll. Die Datei ist fehlerhaft.

Reaction score
Thanks for reuploading :)

Now it works like a charm ... I can now use a resolution of 1280x1024 (up from 1024x768) and the performance index went up from 1.0 to 2.0 :D

Amilo 1650g Notebook

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
todd, the file download link works fine for me (though I have no need to use the files for myself). Do you get an error message when you try to download or what? Have you tried a different browser? I know scripts must be enabled so the get a download ticket button works.

Reaction score
Thank you TrainableMan for your help, the link was kinda hidden among all those ads...

ishmumrhmn, you saved me! I couldn't find the drivers for my Toshiba L30-105, the text was all blurry and I couldn't activate Aero. Now everything works like a charm!

Reaction score
Hello!

I try to download your ATI Radeon 200m Xpress drivers for W7 but when i try to unpack this archive It displays an error CRC

ATI Drivers(ishmumrhmn).rar: Błąd CRC w Satellite M70 13-04-2011 8-59-52 PM\Display\ATI Radeon Xpress Series\B_72960\atidxx32.dll. Plik jest uszkodzony (Translation: The file is damaged)

Can you help me?
Please.

Best

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I was on google on the search for help for my problem and I found Windows 7 Forums page. Unfortunately, I can no longer download the files because the links are dead. Please can one of you help me and send the required data via e-mail? My adress I send you by privat message or someone can upload the files and send me the link. That would be very nice and I thank you in advance for the help. Sory for my bad English but I come from Germany and as good as it gets.

Many greetings from Cologne
Roy

Last edited:
Reaction score
@ ishmumrhmn, krzyho, TrainableMan, d.magliano, Lorus

Sory but I must post again that I can send a PM to all of you.

Best regards,
Roy​

Reaction score
Hi!
Someone could send me this file by mail?
(maybe would be nice to re-upload... for those people who arriving here from Google :girl:)
Sorry me too for bad english.. i'm italian :rolleyes:
Ciao :)

Reaction score
mmm.. maybe there is a misunderstanding:
in the mail address 'myforumname' means 'lollous' :D
i didn't write the real address for prevent spamming... I know that I might not have explained myself clearly… lol :p
Sorry :dontknow:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
No, I understood, but it came back "Delivery to the following recipients failed.".

Probably the file is larger than the max allowed.

Here, get it from >>> MediaFire <<<

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you very much my friend, this solution worked perfectly! I was looking for hours and I could not find any Windows 7 (I updated my Vista to Windows 7) supported drivers for my Ati Radeon Xpress 200M Series graphics card. I assure anyone that these ones work 100%. My laptop is a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li1718 by the way.

Thanks again!

Reaction score
It really works

Hi fellow forumers,

I just registered to say thank you and to tell everybody who reads this thread, that the solution really works.

Many thanks,

Andrew

Ask a Question