SOLVED Oblivion GOTY Makes everything darker

Reaction score
Heya Fellas. I got the Oblivion GOTY Deluxe Ultra Mega Awesome Roxorz version from STEAM. And it plays terrific. But after I stop playing and quit. My desktop is darker, all my windows are darker, and other games are darker. I tried adjusting the monitor settings, but it didn't do much of anything that I can see. And I have tried changing the display settings in my ATI GPU Interface, but that also didn't change much.

Here is the example.

Any clue as to what happened? Do I need to hit my monitor?

UPDATE: Rebooting W7 does not help.

Last edited:

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Did you use a screen capture utility to get the screen shot (as opposed to using a camera phone or other external capture device)? The reason I ask is because if you did a screen capture then there has been an actual color adjustment made because if it was just monitor resolution contrast etc changed then WE would see them the same and in fact when you viewed the before picture after the change you would actually see that darker. So that basically rules out the monitor.

Perhaps the game set a new theme? Right-click on an empty spot of the desktop and choose Personalize. Then select one of the other available themes and see if things change. Notice along the bottom of personalize is Window Color. And in there is a mixer and even advanced options you can adjust.

Also, make sure you are running the latest video drivers available for your computer and look to see if there is a game patch. You might also report the issue to the game manufacturer.

Now if you could just get the game to play on your printer it would help the too light problem you have over there :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you use a screen capture utility to get the screen shot (as opposed to using a camera phone or other external capture device)? The reason I ask is because if you did a screen capture then there has been an actual color adjustment made because if it was just monitor resolution contrast etc changed then WE would see them the same and in fact when you viewed the before picture after the change you would actually see that darker. So that basically rules out the monitor.

Perhaps the game set a new theme? Right-click on an empty spot of the desktop and choose Personalize. Then select one of the other available themes and see if things change. Notice along the bottom of personalize is Window Color. And in there is a mixer and even advanced options you can adjust.

Also, make sure you are running the latest video drivers available for your computer and look to see if there is a game patch. You might also report the issue to the game manufacturer.

Now if you could just get the game to play on your printer it would help the too light problem you have over there :p
yes it worked!! Thank you TrainableMan. I do use fraps to take screenshots of my games. Thank you!

Ask a Question