SOLVED No sound on Asus P5LD2 SE

Reaction score
Hello
I have a PC. It is Asus P5LD2 SE. [motherboard? I don't know much about computers]

I am running Windows 7 Professional. There is no sound on it. To my kinowledge sound comes from modem/motherboard; I have speakers but no soundcard. Sound worked on Windows XP until I went to Win 7 about a week ago. I have done updates etc. I have even gone to the Asus site and have looked for drivers for my motherboard number that are compatibe with Win 7. My number is not in the extensive list.

Interestingly, I dual booted with Ubuntu today and in the Ubuntu box the sound is fine.

In another thread someone asked for the device numbers. They are:
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F

HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_11D4&DEV_1986&SUBSYS_1043818F&REV_1005

As a longshot I downloaded the Asus driver with the closest number to mine. That didn't work.

Should I give up on drivers and get a soundcard? If so which one should I get for my system?

Thank you.

davehc

Microsoft MVP
Reaction score
- go to ftp://ftp.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/Driver/Audio/ ;
- select your audio device "ADI" (for your motherboard);
- download AD1988_Vista_61016110.zip (it is driver for the Vista audio card , which should work.
- unzip it it to a suitable place on your hard drive.
- open "Device Manager" window;
- right-click on your sound card and "update driver"
- in the next window select "Browse my computer"
- select the path where you unzipped the driver

When it has finished (hopefully) restart the computer. (This may not always be needed)

Reaction score
Davehc, I would like to thanks you for your help! Never been on thise forums I only found this page trough google. And I registered to thank you! :) And Pipple9 for asking my question.

Minodragon

Reaction score
Thanks Davehc!

Awsome! Davehc- you saved my life!! :) I can play music again! I had the same issue and have been searching for solutions a few days. Your post is very helpfull! Tnx again!!

Reaction score
- download AD1988_Vista_61016110.zip (it is driver for the Vista audio card , which should work.

When it has finished (hopefully) restart the computer. (This may not always be needed)

YOU LITTLE BEAUTY....

I have been looking for this for for 2 days solid... have reloaded windows7 5 times switching between 32 and 64 bit, downloading about20 drivers, blowing my wireless download limit, hitting 56kbps speed, tried compatibility in every concievable manner, stuffed around with mobo bios, chipset, VGA bios and drivers, kicked the dog, slapped the kids and gotten an ulcer whilst cursing that I shouldn't have picked up this 'cheep' mobo.

Davehc...Mate, your bloods worth bottling.

CHEERS

Reaction score
davehc, I think its time to run.

The vamps are out and they are starting to talk about sucking you dry. :lol:

Reaction score

Many thanks indeed, I have registered to say so and will stay on here.
Great site:beer:

Reaction score
hey davehc thanks man!i also just signed up to to say thanks .i had this problem for days and it's finally solved.cheers!

Fire cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Wow. These members that signup just to say thanks are awesome :p

Reaction score

Davehc, Thanks You very Much to solve my whole day problem. However, the sound is distorted if adjust volume slightly higher. I am using Altec Lansing External speakers - why? Another problem I faced is after installed Win7 my LG DVD Rom cannot read some DVD disks i.e. Kaspersky 2011 - Any solution for this?
Once Again - Thank You Very Much!!!

Reaction score
Still doesn't work?

Well done Davehc! I have the same issue but have tried several times to use the solution that everybody here seems to have had success with- but it hasn't worked for me. Do you have any other possible options that I could try please? I have confirmed obvious things like if the speakers themselves work. The volume conrols are also showing an output - but no sound. I wonder if it's because I have
the 64 bit version of W7? Same motherboard - P5LD2 SE. Grateful for any assistance!

Last edited:
Reaction score
i dont even know how old this post is but i have been looking for a solution to this sound problem for nearly a year i just updated the drivers on this mother board and its now working fine thank you very much :D

Reaction score
davehc - спасибо большое, мужик. Я реально думал, что совсем доработался - то ли лыжи не едут, то ли еще чего. Оказывается, АСУС в своем репертуаре - все через Ж. делает.
По указанной ссылке с АСУСа файл больше не существует. Желающие могут нарыть его в любом поисковике, по имени архива - то бишь, "AD1988_Vista_61016110.zip". Я качал отсюда: AD1988_Vista_61016110.zip

ЗЫ: you can translate it by Google. Unless it will cope ;)

ЗЗЫ: собсно, как и остальные в теме - зарегался за для поблагодарить)

Last edited:

Ask a Question