Mouse freezes for a few seconds

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Today I was accessing some sites and I think I've "caught" a virus.. since then my mouse keeps freezing often and I don't know what to do anymore.. the firmware is updated and my antivirus didn't find any threat.
I need help!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
If you think you have a virus the first step is a Safe Mode scan as described at the start of my post HERE (I realize you don't have BSODs but the virus scan method is the same).

Of course if you have another mouse, try it.

If it is wireless try new batteries.

If it is USB wired then go to sounds and assign a sound to USB devices connecting and disconnecting. Then as you use the mouse if you hear those sounds you will know there is a short in the wire and it needs replaced.

Another possibility is something I had happen related to networking causing your computer to "slow" approximately every 15 minutes. This is generally caused by network info refresh and a drag on your CPU when you have a huge hosts file. If you don't have a large hosts file then this doesn't really apply to you. But if you do then I suggest a freeware product called HostsMan - run it to remove duplicates and optimize and see if your mouse "stutter" goes away.

Reaction score
The mouse driver software might need to be reinstalled. Open Device Manager and uninstall-reinstall the driver software.

1. Click Start, type "Device Manager" in the Search Box.
2. Open it from the results.
3. Expand the top category.
4. Right click your Mouse driver, select Properties.
5. Click Drivers tab and then Uninstall button.
6. Press Ctrl + F4 keys of your keyboard.
7. Press the Windows button of your keyboard, focus on the Shutdown option and then highlight the Restart option from the new screen. Press ENTER.
8. Your system will reboot.
9. The next time it'll boot, the driver detection process will automatically start. Just wait a while, or disconnect the mouse and connect it again.

Reaction score
Do you restored the default BIOS settings? Do the steps given below to restore default BIOS settings:

1. Restart your machine, press F2 key repeatedly.
2. Select the Exit menu, choose Set default settings and exit.
3. Your system will restart.

Reaction score
Try to fix these issues:

Optimize your browsers by clearing History, delete cookies
Uninstall third party tool-bars
Also
Fix windows registry
Scan PC with Anti Spyware.

Ask a Question