Missing east Asian Language pack

Reaction score
I'm trying to install the Excel part of Office 2010 on a 64 bit Win7 Pro laptop (the least bloated 64 bit Excel). I get an error message about the east Asian language pack missing. So true - I recently deleted it ("uninstalled," I think) not knowing what I was doing. The real issue now is that this language pack seems impossible to find and reinstall. I tried reinstalling Win7 but that was a relatively disappointing exercise - apparently there is no east Asian language embedded in the Win7 package.

Help - does anyone have this language pack or know where I can get it?

Thanks in advance,
Larry

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
To my knowledge, Language Packs were only supported in the Ultimate and Enterprise versions, not Professional; so even if you can find it I do not believe you could use it.

But if you think you uninstalled something you need then try a system restore to before you uninstalled it. Search for "system restore".
Unfortunately when you reinstalled Win 7 you may have wiped out any restore points that had been saved but check to be sure.

Ask a Question