Installing Scanner CanonScan Lide 20

Reaction score
Hello

I upgraded my system from XP pro to Win7 64 Pro. My scanner is still resisting to is installation. Did not succeed yet

I downloaded the Win7 driver from Canon site, but drivers is not installing. No message, no result, nothing

Any help appreciated

Martin

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I upgraded my system from XP pro to Win7 64 Pro. My scanner is still resisting to is installation. Did not succeed yet
That's because there are no x64 drivers for your Canoscan LiDE 20 scanner. Only x86 (32 bit) are available for now.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Actually there may be a workaround. I have the Lide 35 and found a website that suggested I try the following, and it worked for me:

1) Go to the Canon website and look for the 64 bit drivers for the Lide 60

2) Download and Install the Lide 60 drivers

3) Open your Device Manager and look for your Lide 20 (if not plugged in, plug it in, it should be recognized but the driver won't install automatically)

4) Right-Click the Lide 20 and select Update Drivers

5) Click the selection for All Available Drivers and look for Canon Inc in the left column and look for Lide 60 in the right column

6) Select the Lide 60 and ignore any warnings about incompatibable drivers and *crossing-fingers* see if your scanner now works.

Reaction score
Hello Draceena

A Thank you from the south shore of Montreal, i will give it a shot.

Martin

Reaction score
Hello

No luck yet. Solution does not seem to work for Lide20. Did try other driver, with same result. Quest continu

Martin

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Unfortunately I've only heard of a program called Vuescan working for your scanner and W& 64bit but the program is not free :(

Reaction score
Unfortunately I've only heard of a program called Vuescan working for your scanner and W& 64bit but the program is not free :(
Hello Draceena,

I will look for it. I will have to pay, either for a new scanner or a new software.

Yor help is greatly appreciated
Martin

Reaction score
Already done.

Nice, but at the price, update are for 1 years only. Need to pay 79.99$ for unlimmited upgrade. So i may look to buy a new scanner for about the same price.

Martin

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
Ah, I did not notice that it was limited like that. Just make sure there are the 64 bit divers for the scanner before buying of course :)

Reaction score
Lide 20 works in XP mode under Windows 7 64-bit Pro

I figured out that I can get the Lide 20 to work in XP Mode on Windows 7 64-bit. There are two catches:

1. You need Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate

2. You can only access the scanner using applications that are installed and running in the virtual XP machine.

I downloaded Windows XP mode from the Microsoft Web site and installed it. Then I ran Internet Explorer in the new virtual XP machine, and used it to download and install the XP versions of the TWAIN driver and the CanoScan Toolbox from the Canon Web site. Then I plugged in the scanner, and told the virtual machine to attach to it (from the USB menu).

I can now run the CanoScan toolbox from within the virtual XP machine, scan documents, and save them to the C drive on the host (Windows 7) machine. After that I can access the scanned files from the Windows 7 machine to edit, print, e-mail them, etc.

I hope this helps.

Reaction score
I figured out that I can get the Lide 20 to work in XP Mode on Windows 7 64-bit. There are two catches:

1. You need Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate

2. You can only access the scanner using applications that are installed and running in the virtual XP machine.

I downloaded Windows XP mode from the Microsoft Web site and installed it. Then I ran Internet Explorer in the new virtual XP machine, and used it to download and install the XP versions of the TWAIN driver and the CanoScan Toolbox from the Canon Web site. Then I plugged in the scanner, and told the virtual machine to attach to it (from the USB menu).

I can now run the CanoScan toolbox from within the virtual XP machine, scan documents, and save them to the C drive on the host (Windows 7) machine. After that I can access the scanned files from the Windows 7 machine to edit, print, e-mail them, etc.

I hope this helps.
Hello

I got the 64 pro version. I will try that solution

Many thanks
Martin

Ask a Question