HP pavilion dv6000 win7 drivers

Reaction score
Hello, I recently installed win7 in my computer (HP pavilion dv6000) however I have some problems with my sound card and my webcam...I been searching the web but I cant find anything and the few things I have found didnt work... Does anyone know how I can get the drivers for the sound and webcam for win7 in this computer??? Or what to do in the first place cause im getting real lost in this??? please!!!!
Thanx

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
HP doesn't offer W7 drivers so you will need to try The Vista or Vista 64-bit drivers (depending on whether you have W7 32 or 64-bit). I do not see a driver for the webcam in Vista 64 so that may not work if you have W7 64-bit. There is a sound driver listed for 32 and 64-bit Vista.

See HP page HERE

Reaction score
There are webcam programs online, some free, some paid, some free to try, then pay if it works.

Do a Google search on your brand of webcam, you'll come up with leads. Try the free ones first, you never know, you may find a good one. If that doesn't work, check out the free to try ones.

Usually, there's a free option for webcams, but it may take some searching, and lots of trying out different ones to get the right one. Prior to doing anything, you should backup your computer & create a restore point.

Then when you download each app to try, make sure that you manually scan each one with your AV, prior to installing it. While there are many useful apps for free on the net, some can have viruses, spyware or malware within the download. The app may install perfectly fine, but other things may too, things that you don't want.

And as TrainableMan has stated, you'll need to make do with Vista drivers. That's what came with my laptop computer, and although Win 7 Ultimate x64 runs fine, most of my drivers are Vista ones.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
W7rules, if jeko cannot find drivers to make the camera function in w7 then no webcam program will help. It's kind of like buying a cable box for your TV when you have no electricity. The problem is, there isn't even a Vista 64 webcam driver listed, so this may be one of the few situations I would suggest 32-bit W7 rather than 64-bit if they can't use their built-in web camera in 64.

Last edited:

Ask a Question