How will it stop?

Reaction score
Does anyone know or have an idea of how Windows 7 Beta 7000 will stop

like through the updates ??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It might be based on a time limit, i.e when the clock says Aug 1st. It wouldn't surprise me if there is also a patch sent via updates that will stop the OS from working (to stop those that have the clock set in the past).

Reaction score
It might be based on a time limit, i.e when the clock says Aug 1st. It wouldn't surprise me if there is also a patch sent via updates that will stop the OS from working (to stop those that have the clock set in the past).
Then that is easy fixed before the cut of date you disable updates and then set your clock in the past..

i think they shouldnt just completey stop it cos alot of people may lose alot of stuff they still need..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Then that is easy fixed before the cut of date you disable updates and then set your clock in the past..
Yep, I'm sure it will be possible to do something similar to that (there will no doubt be software that does that) - but you'd be running a beta operating system that will not be able to be updated, which would cause lots of problems in the future. ;)

MS do recommend that you don't use Windows 7 beta as the main operating system for this very reason, as it will stop working in a few months. There will be another RC release before the full version comes out, so there is still one more test version to go :)

Reaction score
Do you think it will be easy to update from the beta to the windows 7 when it comes up.. like installing it or reformating the whole OS again?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you think it will be easy to update from the beta to the windows 7 when it comes up.. like installing it or reformating the whole OS again?
You can't upgrade from the beta to the full version unfortunately, you'll have to do a full fresh install again. A bit of a pain, but it should be easy enough if you've got your files backed up :)

Reaction score
They should of just made Windows 7 instead of making vista.. should of spent more time on vista aswell.. my brothers computer kept crashing the other day so he got sick of it and put windows 7 on it aswell so now there is 3 computers in our house using windows 7 beta

Ask a Question