how do I stop the change user thing?

Reaction score
I had to set computer back to factory specs and now I a greeted all the time with the change user page.
Iam the only user.
I got rid of it before but forget how.
Thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
when you unchecked the box & click apply you should get another window which says "automatically log on" & in that box you must enter your password & confirm it (userid should already be in the first box); it uses this userid & pswd to login.

if you didn't get that then check the must enter user name & pswd box & hit apply. then uncheck it and hit apply again. make sure it has your login & pswd in the auto log in box that appears.

Reaction score
there is just me so I have never used a password.
what am I misunderstanding?
no second box appears. but then I am not choosing a password
thanks

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Can you take a screenshot with your phone of the change user screen you are talking about and then upload the picture here? I figured it was the screen where it asks you to choose a userid as soon as the computer boots up to Win7. But If you only have one login and it has no password then the system should log you in automatically bypassing that screen.

Reaction score
great idea! thanks
sorry it is not sharper
i have 2 toshiba laptops. both were set up to start at the desktop and skip this annoyance.
they both only ever had one account.
this problem arose when i had to set it back to factory specs.
thanks

Attachments

Last edited:
Reaction score
" I thought it was a goner but the cat came back"

that pest is back!

GRRRRR!!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I'll be honest I think I would just set a password for your ID and then tell it to automatically log in with it. If that doesn't work then it is likely an issue in the registry, something that would need modified but I'm not sure what.

Ask a Question