SOLVED How to change Windows default cursor scheme Permanantly???

Reaction score
ok, so luckily it did work after I restarted and it's still there, the scheme that I had to choose from the very few themes that I found in the trial version of CursorFX !!!

So now I have my cursors set as an application running in task manager!!!

Well, I would say I tried, thanks anyway :)

Oh and I would also like to note that I can't even use my own cursor themes that I downloaded :(

Reaction score
Nope! I couldn't find that!?!!??

Maybe you can do it only if you have the full version of CursorFX (CursorFX Plus) !!!

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
But he shouldn't have to pay for something the system already does. Unfortunately I just don't know what is preventing your theme cursors from displaying properly. As I said the only thing I could think of was another program doing essentially what CursorFX is doing now.

If you aren't happy with the free options, I am wondering if you now remove CursorFX if it would return to behaving as it was or if by some miracle it start behaving as it should. It might be worth a shot to see.

Elmer BeFuddled

Resident eejit
Reaction score
Agree with you TM. I thought the cursor theme making was available in the free version.

I know that when I re-install I drop my cursors in the C:/Windows/Cursors folder, merge a reg file I've got into [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Cursors\Schemes], my cursor sets are loaded into the mouse pointers tab when I open it. And they always "stick" when chosen. I've never seen an issue like this before.

Reaction score
Thanks guys.. I appreciate your help!

I might try sometime to uninstall cursorfx, and then paste the cursor theme in windows/cursors folder, and do the registry stuff if I had to do so!

Anyways, I am ok with CursorFX for now.. :))
So thanks again! :D

Reaction score
Hi!
I do have Windows 8, but when I put my cursors into the Cursors folder (My PC/Local Disk/Windows/Cursors), and rebooted, at first it showed the Windows aero cursors on the login screen. After I logged in, it changed to the cursors I chose. Hoped this helped!

Ask a Question