How to change win 7 64 bits to 32 bits?

Reaction score
Hi :) I play a game called "Tactical Ops Assult on Terror" with my laptop and windows 7 64 bits. Now, this game have new updates and they don't go with windows 7 64 bits, it only works with 32 bits. I would really like to know if I can change 64 bits to 32 bits and if i will have problems doing it. Thank you for all your information and your attention :D !!
PD: sorry, I know my english sucks :(

Kalario

Aquarius
Reaction score
Hi sickness and welcome to the forum.

To switch from 64 bit to 32 bit, you will have to do a clean 'custom' install. That means reformatting your drive. Therefore, make sure before you do that to back up your files, programs and drivers.

btw, your english does not suck.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Perhaps the updates are for the 32 bit only, maybe no update is needed for the 64 bit.

Reaction score
And, how to do a clean 'custom' install ? xd . And how can i make sure i save all my files and programmes?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
You'll be able to save file such as photos, music, documents, etc., but not your programs.

When a clean or custom install is done the hard drive is wiped clean by the new install process.

You'll have to reload all programs you want to use.

Reaction score
ok then, i decided to do that custom install. But.. I dont know how to start it, well, how to do all the install :( . It's my last question, please guys answer me :'(

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Okay, what you need to do is go into your BIOS on the motherboard. Depending on the laptop, it may be F2, F12, or the DELETE key.

Set your DVD drive to be the first boot device and then save the setting in the BIOS.

Put in your install DVD and reboot the computer.

You may see a message that states: Press Any Key To Boot From CD/DVD

You have 5 seconds to do that, press any key and the Windows 7 installation will begin. Delete any partitions you may have, then set up a new partition at least about 48 GB in size and the remainder of the hard drive as another hard drive.

Then begin your install. Also, BE SURE to download all the necessary drivers for your model of laptop PRIOR to doing the install and save them on a thumb flash drive, external hard drive or burn them to a CD-RW disc.

After the install is finished be sure to install the chipset drivers first, or may be whats termed the "mobility" drivers.

Have fun!

Reaction score
uhm just a question ..but what version of win 7 are you using sickness? you said x64 bit.... but what version of win 7 ? home premium? professional? ultimate?

Ive got the win 7 ultimate x64 bit and i run 32 bit games on it with no problem. mind you i also have the win xp compat setting that comes with professional or better for win 7 ..(i'll have to talk to the guys at microsoft for the xp compat for all their win 7 and not JUST the last 4.)

as for the patches. just make sure that you right click and hit properties and then choose the compat setting appropriate to your needs ..:p

even patches can be installed and run np.

ive got diablo 2 with the expansion installed and it plays without problems :) patches and all.. Happily i might add.
so perhaps its actually a setting issue .. but i don't think.. unless you don't have professional at least..that you would have an issue with the patch..:p
the only way you can know is to try.
and its certainly better than having to fully reformat a harddrive and losing valuable data.
Best of Luck :)

Reaction score
i don't really know what version it is ... how can i know it ? .. (srry :( )

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
i don't really know what version it is ... how can i know it ? .. (srry :( )
sickness, welcome to the forum! The version of Windows 7 shows up on the screen after you go past the first screen (your OEM's options page). You have to click onto it to get to your OS, the page with your name (and password, if you have one). It will say what version of Windows 7 you have at the bottom of the screen.

Also in the Start Menu, you can type "Show which operating system your computer is running", w/o the quotes, there is a page with the information on it. Actually, it would be easier to pay close attention to the bottom of the screen to see which OS you're running. Hope this helps.

Cat

nyj

Reaction score
can i change my windows 7 32 bits to 64 bits?? need depends on my laptop's spec??

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
NYJ, it is best to only ask in one spot or even start your own thread. I answered this in another thread where you asked but here is a copy of my reply:

4GB is fine for 32 or 64 bit, so RAM won't be an issue. However, you must make sure your laptop is capable of running 64-bit because not all computers can (ie yes it depends on your laptop specs). Also, assuming it does allow 64bit, you will need to get the 64bit drivers (the 32bit drivers you have now will NOT work) and have them available on CD or flashdrive. If you do not have a copy of the 64bit W7 you will need to download a copy from Microsoft and burn it to a DVD or put it on a flashdrive. Also switching from 32 to 64 bit requires a complete reinstall, which means user accounts must be backed up or recreated, all your data (documents, pictures, videos, music) must be backed up and then restored on the fresh install, and all software must be reinstalled including any factory installed programs (if you do not have a disk of these you will want to download them from the manufacturer). For any programs that require product keys, make sure you have them written down before you format the harddrive (a freeware program like SIW will show you the product keys of many programs installed on your computer).

nyj

Reaction score
i think i get what u mean...thx so much TrainableMan...

Ask a Question