How does this look please

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Looks good in the screen shot andsome ... how long had the computer run ? and what did you use to get the diagnostics ?.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Looks like he used CPUID Hardware Monitor Pro, or just CPUID.

The graphics card gpu temperature looks a little high if the system was just at idle when you did this. Yours at 68C is a little toasty. My ATI Radeon GPU runs about 45-48C at idle.

Your computer specs don't state what brand of video card you use, but it sounds like an ATI as they usually run hotter than the vVidia cards do.

Reaction score
It always seems to be much the same temperature. I have had it running now for five minutes and it will probably be the same in another hour or so if I leave it on. I use SIW to get the info. It is a lovely program that I have used for years. You can download and install it, or just download it and fire it up as and when you want, this way it does not use any resources when not in use. I use the stand alone version.:)

http://www.gtopala.com/siw-download.html

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I know all about SIW, recommend it to a lot of people. The interface screenshot you posted looks a lot like CPUID though. SIW's screenshot and CPUID are nearly identical when compared to each other.

Your GPU still looks too hot though. You might want to check the fan and the heatsink. I had an nVidia card a few years ago where the thermal interface material went bad and dried out, cracked and then the GPU fried itself.

Reaction score
Just had a word with the man who built it. I asked him what kind of temperature I could expect and he said 60 to 70 degrees, but can get hotter if used heavily. I can confirm that it is on board, and reaches that temperature very quickly but goes no higher with normal use.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Yep used SIW and WinAudit, just looked at ATI Overdrive in CCC and after 5 hours + 2 hours IM with many pics looked at my 5970 is steady @ 47 / 47 but saying that I do have some serious case cooling that does help even when the GPU is enclosed, and keep in mind room temp has its part to play as we are still in Winter in the UK and the heating is on ... left to the wife it would be like the tropics in our house :D

Reaction score
Just down loaded SIW handy little program. Glad you guys mentioned it.

Mike

Reaction score
I concur with the others, your GPU temp is above normal parameters. I would check with the manufacturers web site to see what the specs are on the idle temps and load temps are for the GPU. That is one nice little program there. I just downloaded it and went through it...very nice.

Reaction score
The temperature was 55 within a couple of minutes of booting up and 62 after 20 minutes of use. I think that the builder was right, and this is normal for this graphics card.:)

Reaction score
Is that onboard graphics or a separate GPU card? If it's onboard, could be a heat sink not getting enough air flow across it to keep it cool. It could be an easy fix as adding an additional fan or larger fan to promote better airflow to help aid the cooling. The key here is to have equalized airflow. You don't wont negative or positive airflow which can overload the air pressure one way or the other and can do more harm than good. If it's a separate GPU, it might mean that the fan is going out on it.

Reaction score
I had a word with the shop that built the computer. I asked what kind of temeratures I could expect with the oin board graphics he had fitted. He reckoned 60 to 70 degrees.

Reaction score
Which motherboard do you have?
Could you change out the chipset cooler or maybe change the Thermal Compound for the cooler you have?

60 degrees maybe normal but if you can lower it somehow, that would be better. Personally 60 drgrees seems high for anything under normal use.

If you have room for them here are a few chipset coolers
Newegg.com - Tigerdirect.com

Reaction score
I don't know why I did not think of it before. I have sent an e mail to NVIDIA.

Reaction score
let us know what you find out. I'm kind of curious meself.
I will do that of course. It has been on for five hours now. I ran two consecutive Malware scans and made a greetings card, and it has still not gone above 68 degrees. :D

Ask a Question