Headache after using the computer

Reaction score
Hello.
I have i big problem and is a strange one. i upgraded from xp to windows 7.before i could stand in front of my pc for 3-4 hours without my eyes tired, now...in max 30 minutes i have a head ache. could you tel me what can a do about it? i have a toshiba l300 laptop with rezolution 1280x800 refresh rate 60 Mhz (i cant modify this) and no video driver instaled because i didn't found one.i tried modifiing the brightness but nothing,the same problem

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
As it's a laptop with an LCD, it won't make any difference changing the refresh rate (although it would on a CRT monitor). It's most likely some of personalisation settings as the hardware is exactly the same.

As you have already tried adjusting the brightness of the screen, perhaps try adjusting the theme to something a little more comfortable. Other than tweaking the visual settings to your liking, I can't think of anything that would cause increased headaches.

Reaction score
It most certainly has to has to be some personalization settings. An LCD's display parameters can't be altered beyond changing the resolution, so anything that's changed has to be software.

Try disabling cleartext.

Reaction score
One thing that helps me is by not concentrating on one particular spot for too long.

For example, I can type without looking at the keyboard, but I look at the keyboard anyway so I'm not staring at my screen as I'm typing. I also tend to not completely focus on one point, but rather I look all around the screen, even if I'm reading something.

Kougar

OCing one chip at a time
Reaction score
Without drivers installed you might not have Cleartype enabled. You can find out by typing ClearType into the Startmenu search box.

Ask a Question