Have you had trouble with Windows 7

Have you had trouble with Windows 7?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
I'am sorry to tell you but the recliner's downstairs will have to go, so will the TV and sound systems. The WMC and WMP is growing with computers so most of us will have a computer set up as a Media center in lounge rooms by 2012. the Media center Idea is already there so why not use it more. The funny thing is we won't call lounge rooms, loungerooms instead mediarooms.:lol:
You must be joking, try telling that to 'Er indoors.:)

Reaction score
Second that ... I live with a SKY+ addict :)
We got rid of Sky, we could not justify the cost. I am not all that keen on so called sport these days, too much money involved. We don't fancy paying for all those Sky films, there are plent available on Virgin. We have Virgin, Freesat and Freeview. The Virging XL package costs us just £2 per month as a special offer to woo us back off Sky.:D

Reaction score
You must be joking, try telling that to 'Er indoors.:)
No I'am not, we are actually building Media Center PC's at work and offering them for sale. They are flying out the door. All come with windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional and are built for the job of all in one plus media center.

Reaction score
No I'am not, we are actually building Media Center PC's at work and offering them for sale. They are flying out the door. All come with windows 7 Home Premium and Windows 7 Professional and are built for the job of all in one plus media center.
One PC in my little office upstairs is quite sufficient.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I'am sorry to tell you but the recliner's downstairs will have to go, so will the TV and sound systems. The WMC and WMP is growing with computers so most of us will have a computer set up as a Media center in lounge rooms by 2012. the Media center Idea is already there so why not use it more. The funny thing is we won't call lounge rooms, loungerooms instead mediarooms.:lol:
Your powers of prognostication simply amaze me. Perhaps you would be willing to answer a few more questions that the rest of the world is dying to know the answers to.

1. What will really happen in December 2012?

2. Date of First Contact?

3. The price of gold in 6 months?

4. Will the Hadron collider ever work?

5. The start date the next English Composition and Grammar course in your Area?

Reaction score
I've been using Media Center like crazy and it is not misbehaving in any way at all. The only thing I have problems is with my ISP's cruddy internet download rates making it harder to watch the TV shows through Media Center. You may want to do some serious troubleshooting for the issues you are having

I am not using Internet Video, as I couldn't bear to sign another license agreement.

I'm using an external tuner that connects to my cable and inputs digital video via a USB port. It looks like this:

I am only using the old U.S. analog (low resolution) video to reduce the workload. U.S. HD would surely take 120% of my CPU to run :)

Even with the low resolution, the picture is grainy when positioned to take only about 1/10 th of my display.

I was pleased that WMC had DVD burn capability, so I didn't need Nero or other.

Reaction score

I believe you. I used to work for TI DLP and it was surprising the resistance to change I saw, both from people and companies. For example, years ago the large company that starts with a K, didn't believe digital video would ever displace their film (particularly in movies).

I can see that a computer is necessary to sort out a hundred channels of mostly junk TV, so you can quickly find the best show at the moment.

BTW, for some reason here in the USA they switch the programs (day and time) around every couple of months in an effort to find the sweet time slot. It drives me nuts.

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Your powers of prognostication simply amaze me. Perhaps you would be willing to answer a few more questions that the rest of the world is dying to know the answers to.

1. What will really happen in December 2012?

2. Date of First Contact?

3. The price of gold in 6 months?

4. Will the Hadron collider ever work?

5. The start date the next English Composition and Grammar course in your Area?
The 5th option would be great!

Reaction score
finding your harddrives

I had a prob like that too, however on the disk that came with my motherboard I was able to find the right driver to install on my harddrive to enable windows 7 to detect the harddrive where I wanted to install the os, you have to be pretty spacific as to where it is, ms-dos won't pick it up if you just search for the driver, most places recommend installing the driver on a flash drive or a floppy, but I was able to do it right off the cd by being specific

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I've had a problem with my clock in the task-bar. It intermittently changes the time zone. I live in the US eastern time zone and sometimes it is as much as 7 hours off. The next day all is good. I have reset it manually a couple of times, but something changes it. It may be correct for 4 or 5 days then change. It doesn't seem to coincide with any routine maintenance or anything like that.

Any one else have this problem?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Open up the Clock and go to Internet Time and then the Change Setting button.

Change it from Windows Time to: time-a.nist.gov

It's a selection on the listings. That will probably help.

Reaction score
W7 Problems?

What Problems, As soon as i upgraded 2 w7 from vista None at all.:) Everthing runs great,Best windows ever.....

Reaction score
I've had a problem with my clock in the task-bar. It intermittently changes the time zone. I live in the US eastern time zone and sometimes it is as much as 7 hours off. The next day all is good. I have reset it manually a couple of times, but something changes it. It may be correct for 4 or 5 days then change. It doesn't seem to coincide with any routine maintenance or anything like that.

Any one else have this problem?
Is the BIOS battery OK?:)

d4u

Reaction score
Seems there is always some issues with a new os. I'm having an odd problem with line spacing in Word documents. Every time I press enter, I get a double space. Word is set to "single" space, but it gives a double. Same thing in Word Pad, and in e-mails. Note pad does not seem affected by this error.(if it is an error.) It's very annoying.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi d4u and welcome to Windows 7 Forums

I noticed your post so i asked the wife (shes the MS Office geek) - single or double spacing from the keyboard in Word, select the paragraph Ctrl+1 for single space and Ctrl+2 for double space... she says.

Reaction score
Actually, I had the same problem (unable to change line spacing) in Microsoft Student and Home Office. The problem is you can edit spacing, but the next time you open Word, it will be restored to the "Default" value of 10 pt spacing.

The fix is to:

- Select the Page Layout tab,
- Click the diagional down arrow below Line Spacing/Paragraph,
- In the Spacing area:
- - Change After from 10 pts to "0 pt",
- - Change Line Spacing from Multiple to "Single",
- Click <Default>,
- Click <OK>.

Yes, in this case, clicking "Default" makes your changes the New Default.
In the past and other places in Windows, selecting Default restores to the factory presets. That is not the case in Word/Office.

Nibiru2012

Reaction score

This is test to make sure my images can be linked... sorry about the unnecessary post. I was having problems at another site.

Reaction score
Actually, I had the same problem (unable to change line spacing) in Microsoft Student and Home Office. The problem is you can edit spacing, but the next time you open Word, it will be restored to the "Default" value of 10 pt spacing.

The fix is to:

- Select the Page Layout tab,
- Click the diagional down arrow below Line Spacing/Paragraph,
- In the Spacing area:
- - Change After from 10 pts to "0 pt",
- - Change Line Spacing from Multiple to "Single",
- Click <Default>,
- Click <OK>.

Yes, in this case, clicking "Default" makes your changes the New Default.
In the past and other places in Windows, selecting Default restores to the factory presets. That is not the case in Word/Office.

Hey Win7, thanks for the tip on resetting those defaults. I've struggled with that before, and never figured it out. Cool!

Last edited:

Ask a Question