First to 50 WU Woot!

catilley1092

Win 7/Linux Mint Lover
Reaction score
Hopefully, we will. But we need a few more volunteers to step up and help us. I just hit 15 last night, and almost half the way through with the one that I'm on. I would have had 17 by now, but my laptop has crashed a couple of times on me, and this past Friday, I had to do a reinstall of my OS. But I'm going again now, that's the main thing.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
I've got my new VGA cooler installed with 80mm TC fan. Temps are running about 8-9 degrees C cooler than the old OEM fan setup running the Folding@home-Win32-GPU-systray-623 client.

So the $13 was well spent in my opinion.

Idle temps went from 48 C to 43 C, and loaded temps with the above client went from 68 C to 60 C.

P.S.
Up and running again since 10:20 PM CDT

Last edited:
Reaction score
I changed the Thermal Compound on my CPU to Arctic Silver 5 today. I have been curious as to whether Arctic Silver 5 would do better than the white compound that my Thermaltake Cooler shipped with. The temps are running about the same. If there was a drop in temp, it was only 1 or 2 C.

PS - That 10,000 rank border is just about to be crossed. 150,000 points will put us across that mark. :)

OHH and while I'm here, I'll mention yadap is not going to let me pass him on the WU count. :D

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Cliff - AS5 has a break-in period to it. Roughly about 60 hours if I'm not mistaken.

It helps to stress the CPU for a while to 100% and then let it cool down to idle. Do this a few times and also turn off the computer and let it get to room temp; do that a couple of time and you should see a few more degrees C of temp drop. Probably around 2-3 C.

Of course being the computer guru that you are I know you cleaned the base of the cooler well plus the face of the CPU.

Regarding WU counts; your overall score certainly kicks his JEDI tushy in the dirt though!

Remember, it's quality not quantity that counts!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Of course being the computer guru that you are I know you cleaned the base of the cooler well plus the face of the CPU.
Yes I did and reading the article you submitted the other day about lapping. I thought about doing that but didn't have the sandpaper handy.

I don't wanna shut down.:rolleyes: Ahh well, I guess its for the better. I will shut down while I am asleep. That should be a long enough cool down period.

draceena

That Crazy Amazon Chick!
Reaction score
I'm still hanging in there at the tail end but plugging away just the same. I see they finally gave me a larger work unit today and I hope they give me more.

Folding is fun....the electronic AND paper type! :D

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
OHH and while I'm here, I'll mention yadap is not going to let me pass him on the WU count. :D
:) Now would be your best chance c_c. Only 1 machine folding for the next few days. (no machines folding for last day and a half).

Hopefully, we will. But we need a few more volunteers to step up and help us.
This is true cat. Hopefully more folks will step up.

Regarding WU counts; your overall score certainly kicks his JEDI tushy in the dirt though!

Remember, it's quality not quantity that counts!
Nibs, you're funny dude, even if you are starting to sound like my wife.:D

Keep folding everybody!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Nibs, you're funny dude, even if you are starting to sound like my wife.:D
Oh Great JEDI master! This Padawan would never compare himself to your wife! :rolleyes:

I was gonna say something about the "quantity" part related to you and your wife... but sometimes silence is the better part of discretion! :angel:

These are my system temperatures after 12 hours of running the F@H app with a room temperature of 77 F or 25 C :

P.S.
My CPU is an Intel E8400 Core-2 Duo @3.0GHz OC'd to 3.6GHz, a 20% overclock.

Last edited:

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
I was gonna say something about the "quantity" part related to you and your wife... but sometimes silence is the better part of discretion! :angel:
The dark side is strong in you!

Those temps all look good to me. Do you see a problem?

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
I would say more like the "TwiZted Side"! LOL!

No, I'm not worried about the temps now. I was able to find a good cooler for my Radeon HD3850. The OEM cooler was not doing the job, with it the temps were around 69-70 C.

yodap

No longer shovelling
Reaction score
Nice!!

If we keep knocking off 40 - 50K a week we'll be at 330K in no time. :beer:

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
We'll be breaking into the 9,000 barrier here quite soon! Woohoo!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Very nice work guys :D That's almost half way up the charts already!

Nibiru2012

Reaction score
Latest stats as of 9:02 PM CDT USA

We're in the upper 6% range now. Woohoo!

Last edited:

Ask a Question