SOLVED Woot's Deal of the Day is a Windows 7 Notebook

Reaction score
Woot's Deal of the day is a Acer quad-core notebook with Windows 7 Home Premium. It doesn't look too bad at all for $379.00 + $5.00 shipping. Here's the link : http://www.woot.com/

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
I tend to worry about refurbished things. Means you know at least one person returned it for some unknown reason already.

Reaction score
I don't necessarily worry about refurb's that still have the full factiry warranty. My aio printer is a refurb and I have had any issues with it other than it doesn't like after market ink. Other than that, which I believe is obviously a mechanism Epson put's in it's orinter'aio's. It has worked perfectly since December when I recieved it from Epson.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
With most electronic refurbs, they're gone over with a fine-tooth comb and tested twice as much ensuring the company doesn't get it back again. Nearly all of the time they perform as good as, if not better than the first time around products.

I've never had one bad experience with an electronic product that was a factory refurb at all.

Reaction score
I agree with Nibs. If it does break, you've got the factory warranty anyway. When I bought my AIO last November or December, even with it being a refurb I got the same warranty as a new aio has. Not to mention there's also alot of people that buy thing's and return rhem, when there's nothing wrong with the merchandise. Whether it be they found a different product cheaper somewhere elseThat's just one examle on that one. I'm sure any of us could come up with 5 or 10 more. Those devices returned for no truly good reason can't be sold as new again.

TrainableMan

^ The World's First ^
Reaction score
Not to mention there's also alot of people that buy thing's and return rhem, when there's nothing wrong with the merchandise.
Agreed, and that is probably the highest percentage and would be the ideal situation to hope for.

I bought a refurbished monitor and I tested it here and it worked fine, before I took it over for my brother's computer, but when I hooked it up at his house everything was a pinkish hue. It turned out the cable was bad and the company probably tested the unit just as I had at my house ... using the cables I already had hooked up rather than the parts in the box. Now this did have a happy ending because they sent me a new cable and I had a beautiful monitor at a good price.

So a printer, monitor, other peripherals sure but I remember an article on 10 things you should never buy used and one of them was a laptop; the biggest reasoning they gave, you just can't know if it was dropped.

...mid writing this I looked up the article and it seems Nibs and brkkab would be right, there was a caveat I didn't recall ...
Exception: You're buying a refurbished unit that comes with a warranty. Mobile technology consultant Catherine Roseberry, who writes a column for About.com, said she's purchased two laptops from companies that refurbished leased corporate computers, and had no problems with either. Both came with 90-day warranties. If you want even more security, buy a laptop that's been refurbished and certified by the manufacturer.
...so I'm still wary personally but it sounds like it might be worth a shot if it sounds like a good deal for your budget.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, Epsons warranty is 1year and I forget what you do, but there's a way to double that warranty. That's for new product's. Guess what my refurbed Artisan 710 AIO has the 2 year warranty, it works and it was cheaper than the new Artisan 710. Mine looks new, no cosmetic flaws. It prints fine, scans fine, copies fine.It even came with the instructions labeled on the top of it perfectly intact.

Nibiru2012

Quick Scotty, beam me up!
Reaction score
Square Trade offers EXCELLENT extended warranties and they're very price competitive too.

I got a three year warranty with accidental spillage and breakage for my Kindle 3 for $32.00. Much better than the Amazon extended warranty.

Square Trade offers warranties for everything from kitchen appliances, laundry, to electronics and so forth.

Last edited:

Ask a Question