Finally Got Win7, A Couple of Questions Based on the First Experiance

Reaction score
Sidebar - I dislike the new widget function, primarily the "Always on top" feature. I liked having the whole sidebar "block" windows from expanding over it. Windows 7 seems to allow the widgets to stay on top with any window underneath it. Any way to get back to the old style where widgets had a home?

Notification area - Why would MS change the direction of the arrow? I'd like the icons to expand within the taskbar when unhidden. Any way to revert?

Multi-Monitor Taskbar - UltraMon's smart taskbar doesn't seem to work any more, any other options? (you would think they would include this inside Windows at this point)

Thanks for the (future) help

Reaction score
You can install the old Vista sidebar on Windows 7 if you copy the Sidebar directory from your old PC over... but there may be unexpected consequences from doing that.

I'm not sure I understand the notification area question, can you re-phrase it please? :)

Reaction score
Right click on the Task Bar then Properties. From the Taskbar tab take Cuctomise.
In the Window that opens check "Always show all icons etc"!

Ask a Question