Error with ntoskrnl.exe

Reaction score
No sequence at all. Will freeze at any given time
USB items are, USB HUB, Wireless mouse and keyboard, USB Vitual printer, webcam, bar code scanner. The only usb item I ever had trouble installing was the webcam, was tough finding a driver, but it works fine
Ok, this thread needs more information.

Please do the following:
Download hwInfo and run it.
  • Click on "Save Report"
  • Make sure the Export Format is HTML
  • Click "Browse" and select your "Desktop"
  • Give the file a name like MyComputer or your Forum username.
  • Click on Save
  • Click on "Next".
  • Click on "Finish"
  • Put the newly created MyComputer.html (Or what ever you decided to call it) in to a zip file and upload it to the forum.
  1. Have you been able to identify any sequence that seems to happen prior to the freezing?
  2. What USB devices do you have plugged in?
  3. Do you have any power conditioning hardware? For example a UPS (Uninteruptable power Supply)

Shintaro

Reaction score
Ok, remove ALL USB hardware Except the keyboard and the mouse.

Because you have a wireless keyboard and mouse, plug the wireless receiver directly in to the computer. No other USB device should be plugged in to the computer.

I know it can be a problem, with such minimal USB hardware plugged in but it is an important step.

Let us know how you go.

Reaction score
Receiver is plugged directly in now. all other USB stuff is unplugged. I will wait to see what happens.

Reaction score
I have been waiting for another freeze. In the meantime I was poking around my pc. In a file in C:, I found a folder PFRO.txt. I opened it and found a lot of text showing errors. The one consistant error and first on every entry is the following 8/1/2014 7:25:54 - PFRO Error: \??\C:\Windows\TEMP\logishrd\, |delete operation|, 0xc0000101. I know that has to do with Logitech.
I enclosed the file. I know you were looking at a driver issue. Was wondering if this was it

Attachments

Shintaro

Reaction score
That is the Pending File Rename Operation log.
I don't see anything that would be a concern.

If you haven't had any freezing then just plug ONE USB device that was unplugged back in and see how things go.
Don't plug the USB Hub back in until last.

Reaction score
For the first time in months, my pc has not frozen for a week, I am not plugging items back in. Printer is been plugged in for 3 days, no issue. Cam has just been plugged in. Will see how it goes. I do believe we have it though. The cam or the hub.

Ask a Question