SOLVED Downgrade to 32bit on windows 7

tps

Reaction score
Am having problems running some software on 64bit Windown 7. Can I change to 32 bit - I have both discs available.

What would be the procedure if it is possible. and can i reverse this at a future date?

Any help would be appreciated.

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
Hi tps and welcome :)

You would need to perform a clean install of your 32-bit Windows 7 .... but are you installing your apps as admin ? and have you tried compatibility mode ?

Reactions: tps

tps

Reaction score
Thanks Veedaz. I am installing as admin but the problem is that after installing windows I find that some of the software is not compatable with 64bit and will not install.

Pardon my ignorance but not too technical - when you say 'clean install' do I need to uninstall Windows and re-install Windows 32bit . I take it that later if I want to install 64 bit thre same woiuld apply. Also would I need to re-install all the programs that are currently installed and working with 64bit?

Thanks

Veedaz

~
Reaction score
tps wrote

do I need to uninstall Windows and re-install Windows 32bit
Yes sorry you do, use the installation DVD to Full Format the Drive / partition then install, but do backup anything you want to save to say a Flash Drive / External Drive etc.

Edit - And with 32-bit you wont need more then 3gb RAM but when your installing drop your RAM to 2gb - you can add the other 1gb after the install, its a good idea to use just your Motherboard Graphics when installing so if you have a woofing great big Graphics Card take it out then you can reinstall it after your new OS is loaded (and use the latest Drivers from your Graphics Card makers site) good luck :)

Last edited:
Reactions: tps

Ask a Question